Chapter Eight- Death Awaits

My wolf and I snarled at the thought of the vile creatures coming near my mate. Those damn rogues won't know their own name when I am through with them. No one comes near my mate! Akira yelled in my head. I silently agreed.

I felt Blake's arms around my legs loosen slightly, making me remember that I was still thrown over his shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kicked my legs over my head, flipping me off Blake's shoulder and back on two feet.

"Can you tell how many?" I whispered to him, coming to stand beside his tense figure.

"At least 20. But I don't want to run in case of appearing weak." He explained. He almost sounded doubtful about his plan, most likely because of me.

"I can take 10 wolves on my own at the same time, so if you can also get 10, I think we will be good." We both heard a twig snap, and suddenly we were surrounded by the filthy rogues. Blake guessed correctly about there being 20. I heard him growl from beside me. He wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer to his side.

"What are you doing on my territory?" He snarled, his voice full of power that could make any Alpha cower in fear. My wolf purred at how strong our mate was.

"What a lovely mate you have there Alpha." The leader of the rogues said, emphasizing the Alpha with disgust.

I growled at him, putting as much ferocity in it as I could. It must have done the trick because the rogues all took a step back in surprise. I saw Blake smirk out of the corner of my eye. The rogue leader quickly hid his fear with an evil smile.

"And fiesty too, I love me a fighter." I lunged at him, shifting into my wolf mid-leap. I shifted into my big, black wolf, relishing the fear in the rogue's eyes as my teeth tore into his neck. His blood was sour in my throat, I almost choked on it.

I heard snarling behind me and saw Blake's red wolf in a defensive stance. I ran over to him as the rest of the rogues attacked us. Ripping into every wolf that came at me, I was furious at the rogues for invading my pack.

As I was attacking three rogues, a fourth came up behind me and bit down on my hind leg. I yelped in surprise, and in slight pain.

Suddenly I saw Blake run at me to make sure I was okay. I watched as another wolf ran up behind him. I barked to try and warn him, but it was too late. The rogue slammed into the side of Blake, sending him flying. His head hit a tree, and his body slumped to the ground, unconscious.

I let out a roar. My wolf had taken over, furious that the rogues had hurt my mate. I was no longer a wolf, but a raging, spitting devil. I ripped the rogues apart, covering my body in blood.

The last few rogues were quickly destroyed. My wolf taking her anger out on the vile monsters that hurt her mate.

I looked over to Blake, he had shifted back into his human form automatically, still laying against the tree. I knew he was still alive because I would have felt him die. I walked over to him and shifted back into my human form. My adrenaline rush quickly disappeared and I suddenly felt extremely weak. I looked down to see my stomach and shoulder slashed open and bleeding profusely. The last thing I saw were my mate's eyes opening, before the world went black.