Chapter Twenty-One: "Just Great"

"Who's next?"

The rogues looked between each other quickly, fear filling their eyes. I shrugged.

"Very well, if no one will volunteer, then I guess I will just have to choose for you." Smirking, I put my sword back into its sheath, and grabbed the crossbow slung across my back. Without missing a single time, I shot all of the rogues in the chest, but three. I grabbed three pairs of silver handcuffs, from where they were hidden on the back of my belt.

Positioning my crossbow so it was pointed threateningly at them, I made each rogue place their arms around separate trees and handcuffed their wrists together. I grinned at their hisses of pain from the silver burning their skin.

"Don't go anywhere, because I don't really want to have to chase you." I sighed tiredly. I turned around to see the two children sitting on the ground, staring at me with scared eyes. Walking slowly, I neared them but stopped when they staggered backwards.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." The boy glared at me.

"Do you think I'm stupid? You just killed a bunch of rogues, and you are the female Hunter that all werewolves hate. Why would we trust that you're not going to hurt us?" He shouted angrily.