Chapter Five: Challenged

The three guards and the Beta just stand and stare at my wolf. I growl in annoyance, already tired of them gaping like idiots. They quickly snap out of it and the Beta slowly walks over to me.

"What the hell are you?" He reaches out to touch my fur as if to make sure I am real. I snap my teeth at his hand, narrowly missing his fingers. He jumps back in surprise.

"Shift back, we need to talk about this." All of the men turn away and walk to the end of the hall. I slip back through the bars and shift, changing back into my uniform but leaving my cloak in the cell. My wolf is smaller than my human form, so I can no longer fit through the bars.

"Can someone come and let me out?" I yell down the hall. They walk over and start fumbling with about thirty different keys. After five minutes of trying keys I groan.

"Nevermind!" I yell, feeling quite frustrated. I grab two bars in front of me, and using my werewolf strength, pull them aside creating a large gap. I step through to see shocked faces once again.

"Are you done staring?" I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. The Beta shakes his head and proceeds to drag me across the hall to a tiny closet. He grabs a set of clothes and tosses it at me.

"You need to change into those. We can't exactly have you walking around the pack covered in silver armor, now can we?" he smiles sarcastically. I walk past him and into the bathroom I see behind him. I quickly take off all of my armor, including my boots, wristguards, and neck collar. Putting on the clothes, I realize they are more specifically, women's training gear. I gather my uniform in my arms and walk out of the bathroom to see only the Beta waiting. I remember that I still don't know his name.

"What is your name?" I ask.

"I am Beta Jackson of the Silver Bloods Pack" he announces, rather dramatically. I gasp.

"This is the Silver Bloods Pack?" I may have never met them, but I know that they are the strongest pack in North America. Just my luck.

"Yes, and you my dear are going to decide right now, if you would rather be a rogue, or try and gain a place in the pack. Keeping in mind, that if you decide to become a rogue, we will kill you right now."

I am surprised that they are going to let me try to join the pack. I decide to give it a shot, after all, I can't exactly get revenge on those damn Hunters if I am dead.

"Why the hell would you even give me the option of joining the pack?" I scoff, these wolves are dumber than I thought.

"I guess that means you want to be a rogue," he shrugs and nods to the two men behind me who aim their guns at my head. I put my hands up quickly.

"I will try to join the pack," I mutter. He smiles.

"Wise choice. Follow me." He leads me through the pack house and into what I assume is the training center. There are several gyms, and equipment stations inside. He suddenly stops and I almost run into him.

"Now, you will fight several pack warriors to determine how much training you will need before you become strong enough to enter the pack. And if you do finish training, then you will complete another series of fights to determine your ranking in the pack. Whether that be a warrior, healer, or other."

Once he is finished, I smirk. I wonder how much training I am going to need, considering how a Hunter's training is far more difficult than that of a pack warrior.

"Where do we fight, and who is the first victim?" He seems a little skeptical about my confidence, but I will soon prove him to be wrong in doubting my abilities.