Chapter Twenty-Two: Hurting Myself

The arrow was silver, with dark red tail feathers. The trademark colors of the Banishers. A group formed by several packs, whose sole purpose is to bring me down. The best warriors from each pack work together and attempt to kill me. They have tried and failed for years.

"Can you see it?" I asked Max, showing him my back.

"Not from this side. What do we do? And shouldn't you be dead by now?" He asked panicking. I laughed despite the situation.

"No, I have survived much worse anyway. But it makes thing a little more difficult as far as getting it out." I replied with a sigh.

"Oh really, what could have been worse than getting shot in the stomach with an arrow?" He snorted.

"How about almost getting beaten to death? Or being drowned then revived dozens of times? Or stabbed fifty times all the while being forced to stay conscious?" I yelled angrily. Max's eyes got very big, and Lisa looked like she wanted to cry.

"I'm sorry. I just-its-I didn't have a very happy childhood." I sighed.

"How did you survive with all of that?" Max asked quietly.

"I learned to deal with pain. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain. I can even prove it. Watch." I instructed them.