Chapter Nine- Recovery

I was stuck in nightmares for what felt like days. I relived all of my worst memories and fears. In the middle of a particularly gruesome flashback, my eyes snapped open to a blinding, white light. I blinked several times until my eyes adjusted.

I was on a bed covered in paper, and in a small white room. Sitting up slowly, I realized that I was in what looked like a hospital room, and i was wearing yoga pants, and a T-shirt that smelled like Blake. The door opened and a nurse walked in.

"Hello Luna. How are you feeling?" The brunette asked in a kind voice.

"Like I just ran 100 miles, and then hit my head on a concrete wall." I replied holding my head, trying to rid it of the pounding headache.

"That is understandable. But we still do not understand one thing." She said looking at me concerned and confused.

"And what is that?" I asked, gritting my teeth in pain.

"Well, when Alpha Blake brought you here, it was about five minutes after you collapsed. You had extremely deep slashes in your stomach and shoulder. They should have taken days to heal fully. But..." She hesitated.

"But what!" I yelled frustrated.

"It healed in two hours." I looked up at her in shock and disbelief.

"What?!" I stared at her. She shook her head.

"We have no idea how. But even more surprising is, all this happened yesterday. Your body was very weak, and your energy was low. We expected you to be knocked out for a couple of days. But, you woke up after 16 hours." She said looking at her clipboard.

"Why does my head hurt?" I asked. I did not remember hitting it or anything.

"That we do know. You appear to be suffering from a concussion. Most likely from your jaws snapping together too hard. And your symptoms are much worse because you also lost a lot of blood."

"Wait, is that even possible?"

"Very much so actually. But I believe you are well enough to return home. Just don't do any exercise or anything for a while." She walked to the door and opened the door. Blake burst through the door and ran straight to me. He wrapped his arms around me.

"I am so sorry Blake. It is my fault that you got hurt. I can't believe I let myself distract you like that." I sighed angrily. He pulled back at looked at me with wide eyes.

"No baby, I am the one who should be apologizing. I was the one who got myself knocked out and then left you to fend for yourself. It is my fault that you got a concussion, and it is also my fault that you lost 6 pints of blood." He said hugging me closer to him. This time my eyes went wide.

"6 pints! How the hell am I not dead?!" I yelled, throwing my arms up to emphasize my point. He planted a small kiss on my forehead.

"You're special, that's why." He smiled goofily at me. I smiled back at his cheesy reply. "Come on, we should get you home." He said pulling back from our embrace.

"Home." I said testing the word, and smiled. He smiled back and held out his hand. I jumped off the bed and immediately regretted it. I felt nauseous, and my legs were weak, so I fell. Blake caught me before I hit the floor. He picked me up bridal style, and we started our walk to his house.

"Thanks." I mumbled. He chuckled.

"Anything for my mate."

"A neck massage?" I asked hopefully. Maybe one would help my damn headache.

"I would love to give you a massage, anywhere you'd like." He smirked. I laughed at his straightforwardness. I leaned my head against his chest.

We reached the house in minutes. Blake carried me up the spiral staircase to the fourth floor, and we passed through many hallways before reaching what I assumed was his bedroom.  The beautiful mahogany wood, was laced with iron and dark silver. He opened the double doors, and my jaw dropped.

"Do you like it?" He asked, amused by my reaction. I looked around at the bedroom that could fit a house in itself. There was a mini fridge and bar in one corner, and a large desk at the other. The was a 65" flat screen television in front of the bed. And oh my god, the bed! It was even bigger than a California King, and curtains that surrounded it, but were thin enough to see through. There was an extremely large balcony on one side, and a huge bathroom on the other. Next to the bathroom was a walk in closet bigger than my old apartment.

"I love it!" I squealed like a girl and jumped out of his arms and onto the bed. It felt like a cloud under my tired body, splayed out on the top. I heard a loud laugh from the doorway. I looked up to see Blake shaking his head at me.

"What?" I raised a brow.

"You are so cute in my bed. Oh, and I had my sister fill up the closet, she is your size so she went shopping while you were in the hospital." He replied pointing towards the walk-in closet to my left.

"She didn't have to do that" I said. He chuckled.

"Don't worry about it. She will look for any excuse to go shopping. It doesn't matter who it's for." He looked amused. I laughed.

"Do you have any other siblings?" I asked, becoming increasingly curious about my mate. He nodded.

"I also have another sister and three brothers." He replied.

"Your parents got busy..." I smirked. He shrugged and nodded.

"Yes they did. I am the oldest, which is why I became the Alpha." He explained. I nodded in understanding.

"I'm hungry." I stated. He nodded and held out his hand for me to take.

"Can you carry me again?" I asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I will carry you whenever you want." He smiled and lifted me into his arms. We walked back down to the first floor where the dining room was.

"What would you like? I have many chefs that can cook just about anything." He asked. I thought for a little before telling him my favorite dish.

"Clafouti." I said and smiled. He frowned, thinking.

"Why would you want desert?" I stared at him.

"Two things, first, how do you even know what clafouti is? And second, why wouldn't I want desert?" I loved the French dish. It was a baked desert with fruit inside. It was also delicious.

"My mother is French. And how do you know what it is?" He looked pointedly at me.

"I am fluent in seven languages, including French. And not only so I know the languages, I have a good understanding of the culture of each. That includes food." I smirked, as I watched him stare in amazement.

"Wow, smart and beautiful." He leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "Aren't I lucky?".