Chapter Twenty-Three: Playing Games

I ran out of my room, and down the stairs. Hovering my hand over my thigh, where a dagger was hidden, I burst into the living room. I was not expecting what I found. My shoulders dropped from their tensed posture, and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Really? I thought you were actually in trouble. And by the way, Lisa, you still scream like a six year old girl." I said pursing my lips in irritation. She was lying on her back on the floor, with Max standing on the couch above her.

"Whoops. Sorry," they replied sheepishly.

"What were you two doing anyway?" I rolled my eyes at them.

"Trying to get that," Max said pointing towards the ceiling. I looked up to see cup with its bottom on the ceiling. I took a step back in surprise.

"I am supposed to be seing a cup on the ceiling right?" I asked shaking my head. Lisa got up and nodded.

"We accidentally got it stuck up there, and we need to get it down before mom sees," she said with a panicked tone. I chuckled, shaking my head.

"How did you 'accidentally' get it stuck there." They both shrugged and I laughed.

"Here," I said lacing my fingers together and holding them out. Lisa put a bare foot into my hands, and held my shoulders.

"Now get on my shoulders." I instructed. I told Max to make sure she doesn't fall.

"I remember when we did this to pick fruit off trees. But aren't I too heavy now?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Nope, I can lift Max are you kidding me?" They both laughed and Max took a step back, his hands raised up in surrender.

"I'm good thank you." He said quickly, and I chuckled at him.

"Can you get it?" I asked Lisa as she stood on my shoulders, I held her ankles, and Max stood on the couch so he could easily stabalize her by her waist.

"Wow, it is stuck on here pretty good. Wait, got it!" She said as it gave way. If Max wasn't holding her waist, we both would have toppled over from the force of her pull.

Max picked her up by her waist and set her on the couch.

"Wow Max, you've gotten strong. Have you shifted yet?" I asked him.

"No, but I have been getting stronger and faster in the past few years." He said. I nodded.

"You will only get stronger, and then be at your strongest after your shift. Which is very painful by the way," I shrugged, frowning.

"How do you know so much about a wolf's shift?" He asked confused.

"Well, when I turned sixteen, I shifted into a wolf." I said quietly. Both of the siblings' eyes widened.

"What do you mean you shifted? You're a Hunter, not a werewolf?" Lisa asked.

"Actually, I'm both. My mother was Luna Blackwood of the Dark Forest Pack, and my father is a Hunter." I explained.

"Luna Blackwood? But she's like famous, and she never had a child?"

"I guess I was a secret because she didn't want anyone to know she was mated to a Hunter." I shrugged.

"Can we see your wolf?" Lisa asked excitedly.

"Which one?" I said in a mysterious voice. Before they could react, I ran out the front door and into the wooded area, surrounding their house. I hid behind a tree, and took off Blake's T-shirt and shorts, before shifting into my smallest wolf.

I was pure white, and looked similar to an arctic fox, just a little bigger. I hid in a bush, and waited for the siblings to find me. They came to the clearing where I was and looked around, both confused.