Chapter Thirty: Raging Fury

He lunged at Matthew whose eyes widened to the size of moons. Blake and Matthew tumbled to the ground, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I looked at my wrists, still attached to the bedposts. The bed was wood, very thick and unfortunately, very strong. Taking a large breath, I yanked my wrists towards my feet, and I heard a splintering crack.

The bedposts snapped and the wooden canopy fell towards me. I shrieked before it suddenly stopped falling. I looked up and saw Blake holding it up.

I smiled before unbuckling my feet and getting off the bed. He dropped the canopy and it broke the bedframe. He shrugged and turned to me.

Tears pricked my eyes as I jumped and threw my arms around his neck. Blake's arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me close to him.

Suddenly he pulled back, and I gave him a questioning look. He showed me his hands that were covered in blood. I slowly turned around to show him my back, and I heard him growl.

"I am going to kill him!" He snarled. I heard a whimper from Matthew. Blake towered over him and my wolf howled at the power radiating from him.

"You hurt my mate?"

"I didn't know, I swear, she wouldn't tell me who her mate was. Besides she can't have a mate, she a Hunter," he rambled. Blake snorted before turning to me and nodding.

"Can a Hunter do this?" I asked before shifting into my black wolf. Matthew face was of pure horror, and he backed away into a corner. I growled, and slowly stalked towards him. Blake grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground with one hand.

I watched with pleasure, as Blake carried Matthew by his neck out the door and threw him over the side of the tower. Matthew's screams filled the air, and I shifted back before looking over the side just as he hit the ground, landing on his back.

The stone around him started to turn red with his blood. I looked at Blake who was breathing heavily, and his eyes were still black. Trying to calm his wolf, I placed my hands on his shoulders and rested my head on chest.

I could hear his wolf start to purr and his arms wrapped around me. He nuzzled into my neck, breathing in my scent to calm himself. Footsteps brought my head off his chest, but his arms stayed around me.

Blake growled quietly before blocking my view of the owners of the footsteps. I pursed my lips and gave him a look before standing on my toes to see over his tall shoulder.

The corners of my lips lifted when I saw Jackson, Jinx, and other pack members. Something was tugged over my head, and I realized it was Blake's shirt. I put it on and it fell just above my knees.

Blake stepped to the side and I was instantly embraced by Jinx. I hugged her back, and noticed her smell was different.

"You've been busy," I remarked with a raised brow. She smirked and looked back to Jackson. Her new smell was the result of her completing the mating process with her mate.

Jinx let go of me and walked back to her mate. An arm slid around my waist, and I was pulled back into Blake's sculpted chest.

Suddenly, I felt extremely faint, and my legs collapsed. Blake picked me up bridal style, and my head fell against his shoulder.

He shouted something before running down some stairs and then I felt him jump. We were in the air for a few seconds and he landed on the ground softly.

I was happy to see the trees again, and to be away from the territory that was once the Lunar Howler's. Blake came up to a large truck, and set me in the backseat before climbing in beside me.