Chapter One: Anger Rising

I walk past the stares of the Hunters, knowing that they will not go away. I lower the hood of my cloak, so I can flick my blonde hair over my shoulder.

I open the doors to the Weapons Room and glance around at the swords, axes, and other assorted weapons. I grab the bow from my section, all but the weapons from my section were shared. I am an exception, being the only female hunter out of over a thousand males.

The weapons I have are heavily guarded because of the diamond, silver, and gold in them. All three are considered precious metals, and extremely expensive. The other weapons aren't exactly cheap but, have to be replaced much more often than mine.

I grab my daggers, and whip before heading off to the training arena, bow slung over my back with a quiver of arrows beside it.

"Raven . . ." A voice sings from behind me.

"Darren, if you try to get me to let you borrow my weapons one more time, I will end you." I turn around and glare at him until I see fear cross his eyes.

"I give you my deepest apology," he whimpers. I stalk away from him, making sure to glare at everyone I pass.

Once I reach the training room, I take off my cloak to reveal my armor. When I turned 18, I demanded new armor that could be used to seduce my enemies. It consisted of a skin tight band across my upper body, covered in gold, silver, and diamonds on the outside.

I have the same material covering my lower half as well. What makes people stare is that it only covers my breasts and my ass, completely showing off my toned stomach, and legs. I also have a neck collar, weapon's belt, boots, and wrist guards that reach my upper arm, all in the same material.

Hunters quickly enter the viewing area, their eyes hungry and filled with desire. I enjoy finding new ways to punish them, they need to be taught that I do not want anything to do with their fantasies.

"Listen up! I have a proposition to make." I smirk, knowing that they would not be able to pass up my offer. "I will fight with any of you, and if you are able to restrain me, I will offer that man one night with me in bed." They start getting extremely excited, but I am not finished yet. "But! If I am the one to restrain you, then I have the right to execute you in any way I feel necessary."

I'm not surprised when none if them look willing to back down. They still don't believe that I can beat them. After all, they have never actually seen me fight, only heard stories about the people I have killed. They think I am a fake, and I haven't exactly had time to show them otherwise.

"Who is ready to be the first victim?" I ask, then watch as a highly unskilled hunter jumps out of the crowd first. This is too easy, I think as I look over his frail body.

"I am going to take your offer and win. I look forward to a night of pleasure with you," he grins with a mischievous wink that makes my nose wrinkle in disgust.

"The rules are no one may intervene, it will result in immediate execution. You may only use the weapons present on your person. You win once your opponent cannot escape for at least 1 minute. And lastly, killing may count as a form of restrainment. Charlie will be the one to blow the whistle announcing the start." I trust Charlie because I have known him for most of my life. And he is the only one in this sea of testoteron that does not like me the way the others do.

Charlie stands up, and walks in front of the man, Jason I think, a whistle in hand.

"Three . . . two . . . one!" I pull out my dagger, just as he blows the whistle. The Hunter leaps at me trying to get a hold of my waist, but I sidestep him easily and drag the blade across his back as he flies past me.