Chapter Twenty-Eight: Torture

I looked down in shock at the hilt of a dagger protruding from my chest. My breathing stopped, and pain shot through my chest.

Blood darkened the cloth of my jumpsuit surrounding the stab wound. I looked up at Matthew, who was staring at me.

"Shit," he muttered before calling out past me. Several men and women came running out from behind me, two carrying a large box.

My vision blurred, and I became extremely dizzy. Inside the box, I could barely make out the medical supplies.

A woman stood and appeared to be speaking to me, but for some reason, I couldn't hear anything. A few other people stood in front of me, talking hurriedly.

One held bandages, another had a needle and thread, and the woman before me seemed to be counting down.

She suddenly grabbed the handle of the knife and yanked it from my chest. I cried out and my body convulsed, only to have the metal encasing me dig into my bones.

My body was screaming in pain, and blood was furiously pumping out of the gash. The all too familiar salty, tang of blood could be tasted in my mouth.

I choked on the thick substance in my throat, and coughed harshly. My blood sprayed onto my clothes when I looked to my wound again.

The people in front of me began to quickly try to stitch up the tissue above my heart. I knew that they couldn't actually stop the bleeding from my heart in time, and that they could only hope I would heal fast enough.

Hunters healed quickly like werewolves, so since I was both I was hoping I would heal before my heart stopped. I could already feel the decreasing rate that it beat.

Damn you brain, why can't you block the pain! I thought angrily. Normally in this large of an injury, my adrenaline would kick in and I wouldn't be able to feel it.

Trying to draw in a deep breath, pain shot through my chest again. I screamed in agony, and my heart stopped.

The man sewing the wound shut, quickly finished and yelled at Matthew. He handed a set of keys
to him and my restraints were unlocked.

My body immediately fell forward towards the ground. I couldn't move or feel any part of my body, all I could do was watch. A man caught me and laid me on the cold, stone floor.

Akira, I'm dead so why can I see still?
I asked my wolf.

You are seeing what I see, you are dead but I am not yet.

How are you not dead?

I don't know Raven. She answered in a strange tone.

I watched as someone appeared to be using an AED. Suddenly, I felt a huge jolt and I could feel my body again.

There was even more pain than before, now electricity made my chest feel as though it were on fire.

I gritted my teeth against a scream, but opened my mouth when I tasted blood again. I coughed and the blood went everywhere again.

A pinch made me look at my right inner elbow, where the woman injected a dark blue liquid. She smiled at me sadly, before my body became numb, and drowsiness overtook me.