Origins

"So she's okay then?", Veronica, forever the sweetheart, asked the half-elf. The other girl smiled and nodded.

"That's good", she replied. Dakota sat on the bench where Alison, Veronica and Aaliyah were sitting. Micah got off the swing and sat beside her

"So, when are you guys leaving?", Dakota asked.

"Later on today", Zayne said.

"Why, you gonna miss us?", Alison teased. Dakota smirked.

"Nope, I'm glad you guys are leaving. Micah is the only one of you guys I actually like", she said jokingly, wrapping her arm around Micah. Aaliyah snorted.

"Oh really?", she said, giving Micah a look Dakota didn't understand.

Micah coughed, and started to play with her hair, still blushing. Dakota looked at her confused.

"Does anybody know what happened to Jackie? I saw her on my way over here, she looked so mad, and when I said hi to her she didn't even hear me."

"Uh, no idea", Alison said. Veronica shrugged.

"How about we talk about the fact that you're an elf, cause I'm still shocked about that", Zayne stated.

"I know right!?", Alison exclaimed. "I thought you were just a normal girl, I would have never guessed you weren't".

"That's the point. No one is ever supposed to find out elves are really. We like being a 'myth'".

"I get that, we don't really know how we got our powers.", Veronica stated.

"Seriously?", Dakota inquired.

"Yeah, one day, we just had them".

"I noticed mine when I was seven," Zayne said. "I uh, I used to be bullied when I was a kid. Whenever they got the chance, these group of kids would hit me, throw things at me, or chase me out of the park I used to love going to. I stopped going to school. My mom never knew it though. I would walk to school with my brother, but then I'd go back and spend the rest of the day at the park. One day, when I went to pick up my brother, I saw them ganging up on him. Since they couldn't bully me, they bullied the next best thing, my brother. You can guess what happened next. They beat the shit out of my brother and I, At least they started to. They stopped to taunt us, and I took a chance. I took Darien's hand and we booked it. I swear I never ran so fast. But they were faster, they were in the seventh grade, and they were all on the track team. I thought, as long as I can run to the woods, we'll be safe. We can hide up in a tree. We were halfway in the woods when we stopped. I tried to climb a tree, but one of the kids broke my hand. I felt hopeless. I wished that I could just hide in the trees. And it happened. I was camouflaged. But at the time, I didn't realize it. Darien freaked out. He thought I left him. He was screaming my name, and I was just like, why is he yelling? I'm right here. With all the yelling he did, the kids heard him. They came from behind me. They didn't see me, but they saw him. I didn't know what was going through his mind, he just froze. And then, he ran. He was so fast, I barely saw him. He ran all the way home. By then, I realized what happened to me. I went home, and Darien was in my room, bawling his eyes out. I told him what happened to me. Then he told me, in that moment that he froze, he wished that he could run really fast. I was so excited. I was a kid, I thought we had super powers. Darien wanted to tell our mom when she came, but she never got the chance, cause when my mom came home, she took one look at our bruised faces and my broken hand, and she whisked us straight to the hospital.", Zayne finished.

"Oh wow", Dakota said.

"We got ours when we were six", Veronica said. "I don't think we wished for anything though. Our aunt Brittany, she had just, well she had just gotten into a car crash. She never made it to the hospital, she died in the ambulance."