Deadly Situations

Today feels weird again. And not a good kind of weird. Dakota left the library as the bell rung. Since the Nicole incident, the locker room has been restricted, so instead of gym, everyone gets a free block. She spent hers in the library avoiding Jackie and by proxy the rest of the gang who were hanging at The Lounge. After Jackie kissed her cheek yesterday, she's been acting kind of weird and standoffish, and Dakota thought she might just have a crush on her, which she really couldn't deal with. She had a weird feeling about going back to her room and really didn't want another dead body falling on top of her today, so Dakota decided to leave the school and go to a lake that's nearby. Turning the corner of a hallway, she saw two familiar faces.

"Hold on! When have I ever been wrong?", Dakota heard Micah say.

"Fine, prove it then.".

"How am I supposed to that?", Micah asked.

"Ask her", Aaliyah said, pointing to Dakota. Micah twirled around.

"Ask me what?", Dakota asked, coming to a halt.

"Are you an elf?".

***

"Well, are you?", Micah asked again. Dakota gaped at Micah.

"Wha-What kind of question is that?".

Aaliyah snickered, "That's what I'm saying!". Micah shushed her.

Dakota nervously laughed. "You can't be serious". She tried to walk away, but Micah grabbed her arm.

"Answer the question!".

Dakota started to stutter, "I-I-I", and then, everything went blank.

***

"Dakota, Dakota!", Micah yelled.

Aaliyah shoved her aside.

"Lemme try. Wake the fuck up Strawberry Shortcake!", she said, slapping Dakota in the face. With a gasp, Dakota jolted from the floor, breathing hard.

"Damn girl, leave some air for the rest of us, what's got your panties in a bunch?"

Dakota looked at them, panicked, "We've got to get out of here!". She tried to run through the girls, but Micah held her back.

"Not till you answer the question!", Micah said forcefully.

"Chill Mikes, she just fainted, let her rest", Aaliyah said.

Dakota shook her head,"No! We have to leave before-". She stopped.

"Is it-Is is cold in here?", she asked. Micah and Aaliyah glanced at each other.

"It did just get really cold", Micah said shrugging.

"The principal probably just turned off the heater, cheap bitch", Aaliyah answered. Dakota shook her head again. She slowly walked towards the window at the end of the hallway. Stopping in front of it, she glanced out the window.

"Holy shit!", Aaliyah said. The window was completely frosted over. Micah sighed, stopped quickly, and then blew air out of her mouth.

"I can see my breath", she said worriedly. Dakota looked at them,

"Did you guys feel weird today? Like another bad thing was going to happen?". Micah slowly nodded.

Aaliyah sighed, "I really don't want to find another fucking dead body". Just as soon as those words left her mouth, the window shattered and a gust of wind made the girls fly back, hitting the lockers.

Getting up, Micah tried to rush to Dakota, but slipped on the floor.

"Why the fuck is the floor covered in ice?", Aaliyah panted.