Settling Down

After getting herself situated, Dakota walked out of her room and searched for the cafeteria. Looking down at the map that came with her schedule, she didn't notice where she was walking until she bumped into someone. The impact made her fall to the floor.

"Oh no, I am so sorry! I didn-", Dakota apologized franticly.

"Oh, it's you again", the person she bumped into, Aaliyah said.

"Um, yeah, Aaliyah, was it? I'm sorry I was searching for the lunch room and I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.".

Aaliyah nodded, "Yeah, the principal sent me to show you the way.".

"Oh, thank you!", Dakota said with a smile. Aaliyah helped her get up from the floor and they start walking down the hallway. They enter the cafeteria and Aaliyah steered Dakota to a long line.

"Are you hungry?", Aaliyah asked. Dakota shook her head. Aaliyah bought her own lunch and then guided her to a table half full of people in the middle of the cafeteria. When they sat down, all conversations stopped and they look at Dakota.

"Sup new girl?", A pink-haired girl, said, nodding towards Dakota.

"Um, hi.", Dakota said shyly. Aaliyah nudged her shoulder, and pointed to the girl who just spoke.

"Ok pinky over there is Kallen, the nosey one. The girl with the geeky glasses and the brown hair is Jackie, the slutty one. The questionable girl that looks like a dog is Alison, the stupid one-"

"Hey, I don't look like a dog!", a girl with short spiky black hair protested.

Aaliyah went on, "Those two red rum-haired twins are Veronica and Bianca, don't even try to tell the difference with them, and the one with the white hair is Micah". The twins just smiled at Dakota and wave, while Micah didn't acknowledge her at all.

"My glasses are anything but geeky!", Jackie said indignantly.

Aaliyah snorted, "Oh yeah, they're real cute.", she said sarcastically.

"Your mom is cute, that's why I slept with her!", Jackie said smirking. The whole table snickered and Aaliyah threw her hotdog at her.

"My mom also has genital warts, which I'm sure she got from all the "scissoring" you guys do, slut.". The kids laugh again, and then start to zone in on Dakota.

"So Dakota", Alison started, "What brought you to Francis Drake's Academy for Girls?".

"Uh, I moved", Dakota replied quietly.

"Well where did you move from?", Veronica, or Bianca, jumped in.

"Um, from a place...far away.". The kids stared at her.

"Okaaaaay, well, what do your parents do?", Kallen asked.

"They're uh, they're dead so..". Jackie slapped the back of Kallen's head.

"Way to go, nosey!".

"Geez I'm sorry.", Kallen says. Dakota just shrugs her shoulders.

"It's okay, I don't really remember them that well".

"Well anyways, who are you rooming with?", Jackie inquired.

"Micah". The girls laughed.

"No way!", One of the twins say, "They finally paired Micah off with someone".

Micah just raised an eyebrow and kept eating.

"Well we have to warn you, Micah is a hard person to room with, that's why the last girl transferred", Alison joked.

"Don't joke about that!", Micah said angrily. The whole table got quiet at her outburst. With a glare at Alison and a scoff, Micah quickly got up and left the cafeteria.

"Well, let me try those introductions again, that's Micah, the one with the temper.", Aaliyah finally spoke.

***

"So, how was your first day of school?", Alison asked Dakota. All the girls from lunch were hanging out in the Lounge. Apparently, that's where everyone came to hang out in between classes. The room was located in different building, smaller than the one where their classes were. Dakota shrugged her shoulders.

"It was alright".

The girls were sitting on one of the many couches in the room, watching a movie.

"Becca, I wanna eat you!"
"That's cool, most guys aren't into that", came from the television.

"So, what do we do here?", Dakota asked.

Alison scratched her head," Anything really. We can watch T.V., play games, read a book, or anything else that floats your boat.".

Dakota nodded, "Really, that's i-", Dakota stopped mid-sentence, looking at the door to the Lounge. The girls look at her, then at the direction she was looking at, where Bella and Ariana stood.

"Freak!", Bella spat venomously at Dakota.

"Bitch.", Dakota said back. Bella stiffened, then took a step closer to the couch.

"Say it again, I wish you would!", she said.

"I know you can hear me, even if you are so far in the closet, you're practically in Narnia. Tell Mr. Thomas I say hi by the way.". Bella took another step closer but Ariana pulled her arm.

"Bells, let's just go back to our room.", Ariana pleaded. Bella just shot Dakota a glare and then let Ariana pull her away.

"Ariana, wait", Dakota said, getting up. Ariana just shook her head and continued walking away.

"Woah, what's up with you and Bella?", Alison asked.

"Never mind that, what's up with you and Ariana?", Jackie wondered.

Dakota just shrugged her shoulders, and sat back down.