The Elf

I sloshed through the rain, cursing at the noises I was making. A purple light whizzed through the air, hitting the tree to my left. I swerved to the right and slammed headfirst into a tree. Gods I hate this forest, my "HOME". I flipped up off the floor and started running again.

"What are you doing?" the girl who pursued me said, "This is your home!".

"No, this is your home!", I replied. "I don't belong here!".

"Where will you go?", she replied, "This is the only home you know".

"I don't like this home. So, I'll make a new one.".

"You know we can't just let you leave, at least not alive", she responded.

I smirked, "Just watch me". I aimed my palms toward her and flames erupted from my hand. Caught by surprise she covered her face. I wasn't aiming for her but a distraction was all I needed. With a knife that I had hid in my boot I cut myself and shouted a phrase in Latin. A blue light shimmered in front of me. I smiled in relief and stepped forward, right into the knife my pursuer had in her hand. 'Shit', I thought, 'I underestimated her'. I groaned when I fell on the ground. The girl pulled the knife from my stomach and with the ropes she had tied to her waist, proceeded to tie me up.

"Now you don't have to find a new home, you can just live in a place where Elves who die go", she tells me, laughing. I grunt and tears come to my eyes. I was so close. I look at the portal, it was getting smaller and shrinking inside itself. 'No', I think, 'There is something more out there for me and I'm going to get to it'. I start screaming and the girl, startled, yelled back.

"Shut up!". She shouted and began to gag me with the rope. When her hand is in front of my mouth I bite her. She shrieked and dropped the rope and the knife. I headbutted her hard and pick it up, grateful and lucky that she didn't tie my hands yet. I slashed the rope at my feet and ran to the portal. As soon as I got through it, I lost consciousness.

_______________________In Another World___________________

Two girls were drinking coffee in a coffee shop. One was tall, a long-haired brunette, the other was of medium size with dark honey colored hair that ended at her neck line

"Ariana, we literally just got home for vacation and you're already studying! Cut the crap and come with me to the party", said the tall one, looking into the other's hazel eyes.

"Bella, you know I hate procrastinating", The other girl said, "Plus I went with you last time".

"Fine!", said Bella, running her fingers through her long hair in irritation, "You're a sucky friend by the way".

Ariana laughed and went back to skimming over her school books. Bella gazed at her for a while and then stood up. "Bye", she muttered to herself and left the shop. Ariana looked up at her friend's back and sighed, wishing the other girl was as studious as herself. Twenty minutes later she gathered her books, paid for the coffee and walked out the door. It was raining. Ariana pulled her hood over her head and trudged on. The rain was coming down heavily. After ten minutes of walking (more like wading) through the rain, Ariana stopped and wiped her face. Looking down at her hand, she noticed something strange. Blood. Instead of rain, blood hit her face. She looked up, searching for the source of it, and the source just so happened to slam into her. Ariana and whatever hit her stumbled to the ground. Ariana pushed the object off of her with fear and confusion and looked down at it.

It's a person, Ariana realized. The person mumbled and sluggishly tried to get on their knees. Ariana screamed and all those years of the self-defense videos she made herself study, for moments just like these, come to her. With much force she thrust her palm in an upward motion toward the person's face. The person grunted at the impact and fell to the ground. Ariana got up and then slowly makes her way to the person. That person was a short, red-headed girl, she noticed, and she also noticed that person wasn't breathing right. Sighing, Ariana made a decision she swore she was going to come to regret. She picked the surprisingly weightless girl up, grimacing when she sees and feels the blood that was coming out of the strange girl. Ariana paused for a moment. Did she really want to take a complete and bleeding stranger into her house? In the same thought she mentally groaned, know the somewhat naïve good in her does actually does want to do that. She adjusted the girl in her arms to carry her bridal style and started to walk toward her home, thankful it was only several minutes away.