Standstill

"It's been a week! A whole freaking week and she hasn't woken up yet! You're an elf, DOsomething", Ariana shrieked.

Skylar simply shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not good at Healing magic.". Ariana gave an aggravated sigh and left her room, slamming the door behind her. "Damn, she's so dramatic", Skylar thought to herself. She shook her head and walked to the bed Dakota was sleeping in. She looked at her face, remorseful. Skylar closed her eyes for a couple of minutes.

"You-you should try to get along with her.", said a low voice. Skylar's eyes flew open. Looking down, she noticed Dakota's eyes were open. She was the one who spoke. She gave a huge grin, and hugged Dakota tightly.

"Ouch, too hard Sky", Dakota groaned. Skylar let her go immediately.

"You're awake! Finally! I'm so sorry!".

Dakota raises an eyebrow, "Sorry for wh-".

Skylar interrupted her, "For stabbing you an-".

Dakota shakes her head, "Don't apologize, I forgive you".

Skylar closed her mouth abruptly, "R-Really?".

Dakota nodded because honestly, they've done worse to each other.

Skylar smiled, "Well, I still feel bad...Let me make it up to you".

Dakota tilted her head to the side, "And how are you goin-". Skylar cut her off by kissing her firmly on the lips. Dakota squeaked in surprise, which Skylar took the wrong way. She grabbed the back of Dakota's head and pushed her down.

Neither of them noticed when Ariana walked back in the room until she yelped in surprise at what she was witnessing going down in her room. Startled, Dakota pushed Skylar off her, who fell on her butt on the floor.

"Glad to see you're okay Dakota but jeez, were you guys really about to get dirty on my bed?", Ariana questioned, blushing a little.

Dakota scratched the back of her head. "Of course not! Skylar took me by surprise".

The mentioned girl scoffed at the both of them and got up, rubbing her pained butt. "Oh, would you rather us do it on the floor?".

Dakota shushed her for being rude but Ariana just quirked her eyebrows and sat down next to the red-head.

"Are you feeling alright?", she asked her. Dakota nodded a little before looking down. She picked up her shirt and saw a small but significant cut where she was injured twice before.

"Why do you always come back with the same wound?", Ariana jokingly said.

Dakota laughed a little and just shrugged. Glancing at the cut, Ariana noticed it was healing and fading smaller and smaller quicker than the whole week that Dakota was passed out. Her mouth opened in shock and she stared at Dakota with wonder.

"Elves heal faster than humans. Think it has something to do with the magic in our body. We heal faster than you guys do when we're unconscious, but when we're awake its five times faster than that. By the end of today or tomorrow this wound will be gone like it never existed. I might not even have a scar".

Ariana just gazed at her with awe.

Skylar interrupted the quietness. "Hey, could I get a moment with Dakota? We have some things that need to be discussed. Ariana nodded and left them in her room.

Skylar looked at Dakota with a smirk, "So, where were we?". She sat on the bed and gave Dakota a provocative look. Dakota frowned, and tried to back away.

"Uhh, we shouldn't, I don't think we-". Dakota stammered. Skylar cut her off again with another breathtaking kiss. Dakota pushed her away gently and shook her head. A look of confusion crossed Skylar's face.

"What is it?", she asked slowly. Dakota bit her lip, and tried to find the most articulate and less offensive way to say what was on her mind.

"Skye, I need to be away from you", she ended up blurting out. She closed her eyes and sighed when she realized that was probably the rudest thing to say.

"What I mean is, I can't be with you. You have a life very different from mine, which doesn't even really include me in it anyways. You're about to get married. Your grandma is probably going to hunt me down if you don't go back to Callista and if I go back with you she'll kill me. We won't work, we never have".

Skylar looked at Dakota and smacked her. Dakota frowned holding her cheek, and stayed silent while Skylar backed away from the bed. The black-haired girl muttered a phrase, and a portal appeared in front of her. At that moment Ariana walked into her room.

"What are you going to tell everyone?", Dakota desperately asked Skylar.

Skylar just shrugged, "I'll figure it out. You're right about my grandma. I'll probably be seeing you soon enough, back home". Ariana's eyebrows raised at that, wondering if it was a threat. Skylar walked into the portal and Ariana looked questioningly at Dakota.

"Did she just...wait where is she going?", Ariana asked.

Dakota smiled sadly," She's going home.".

Ariana tilted her head, "Why?".

"Cause she's the reason I ran away".