Past Memories

Dakota decided that she hated cops. Like really fucking hated them. She had been questioned at least twelve times in the past three hours, and it still hadn't occurred to them that the half elf didn't know what happened to Nicole! She wasn't the one who stuffed her body in her own locker, that's just careless. If she had really wanted to dispose of her body, she had ways of doing that, seeing as she was an elf and all, but of course, no one but Ariana and her mom know that, and Dakota was sure as hell not going to tell the cops that too. After Nicole's parents had identified the body of Nicole, Dakota had been stuck in the interrogation room and honestly, she was about to break and cast a fucking spell on the cops. At the moment, she just sat in the chair in the interrogation room, idly twiddling her thumbs. The door opened and Officer Lopez entered the room. He nodded his head to Officer Pulaski and motioned toward the hallway. They left the room and the half-elf sighed in relief. Pulaski comes back into the room with a scowl on his face, "Alright, well we're going to release you, and your friends are waiting in the lobby for you.". Dakota smiled and jumped to her feet. Walking out the door, the red-head is stopped by Pulaski gripping her wrist, hard.

"Don't think you're free yet. I know you have something to do with the death of that girl, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it.", he said with a hard scowl. Snatching her wrist out of his grasp, she turned to face him.

"With all due respect sir, instead of harassing me, you should probably be out there, looking for the person that actually killed this girl".

He narrowed his eyes at her, "Oh I plan to". Giving him one last glare, Dakota left the room and made her way to the lobby.

********

"Dakota!", Jackie yelled worriedly. She ran toward the girl and hugged her tightly, lifting her feet from the ground. Dakota smiled at her and laughed.

"Jackie I'm alright, honestly". Jackie set her down and gave her a big smile.

"Glad to see you're alright short stuff", Aaliyah said with a small hug. The rest of the gang hugged her in turn, Zayne giving her a bear hug, and Micah just a bashful nod, and they turned to make their way out of the police station.

"Hold on!", Pulaski said, running up to them.

"I just want to warn you, that you will be watched closely until we catch the person who killed Nicole, so you'd better be careful", he said, with a warning look to Dakota. She just smiled tightly and nodded her head.

"I hope you catch the guy", she said, giving the cop a two fingered salute. When he walks away, she dropped her index finger, and her middle one stayed up.

"Asshole", she muttered. The gang laughed, and Jackie wrapped her arms around Dakota's shoulders. After driving the girls back to the school, the boys said goodbye to Dakota and made their way back to their dorm, while the girls did the same. Jackie, with her arm still around Dakota, walked Micah and Dakota back to their shared dorm.

"Thanks.", Dakota mumbled tiredly when they finally reached their room. Jackie just shrugged, "No problem". They awkwardly stood there, while Micah opened the door.

"Okay, well bye Micah,", Jackie said to Micah, and the girl nodded.

"Bye Kota.", Jackie said quietly. She quickly kissed Dakota on the cheek and dashed toward her room. Surprised, Dakota raised an eyebrow and entered the room, closing the door behind her. After getting dressed into her pajamas, Dakota left the bathroom and stretched. Micah, who was sitting on her bed, looked at her, and bit her lip.

"What?", Dakota asked. Micah shook her head, and crawled under her covers. Scratching her head, Dakota made her way toward her bed. Micah sighed, and threw off her blanket.