Adversities

Dakota leaned against the door of the shack. Breathing out of her nose, she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Seriously?", she muttered. Haven and Micah were still inside the shack, talking about who knows what. The red-head had just walked outside for some air. She really couldn't believe this. Prophecies, fate, other half-elves, it just seems like a bunch of shit to her. She pushed off against the door and walked off toward the school. She couldn't be serious. I mean, could she even believe her?

"I mean, did she think I was born yesterday?", Dakota sarcastically said out loud. She heard a snicker behind her and she whirled around to face the sound. It was Micah, and she was covering her mouth with her hand.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!", Dakota scolded her.

"Sorry", Micah replied, smiling. Dakota just nodded and kept on walking toward the school.

"So are we done visiting Haven?", Micah asked, running to keep up with her. Dakota nodded again.

"Hey are you okay?", Micah asked worriedly. She grabbed Dakota's shoulder and turned her around to face her.

"I'm fine", she replied.

"You don't seem fine".

"Well I am. Can we just go?". Micah bit her lip and stared at her. Dakota just stared back, her face stoic.

"Alright, let's go then.", Micah said. They continued walking, in silence this time. When they entered their dorm, Dakota went straight to her bed.

"So what do you want to do?", Micah asked her.

Dakota just shrugged, "Whatever you want". Micah rolled her eyes and went to her bed. She got down on her knees in front of it and started to look for something under her bed. Dakota stared at her, confused. Micah pulled out a suitcase from underneath the bed and dusted her hands off.

"Can you keep a secret?", Micah whispered. Scrunching her eyebrows, Dakota walked toward her.

"Well, you're talking to an elf here.".

"That's not a good example. You're the one who told a bunch of kids she just met that she was an elf", Micah replied, smirking.

Dakota blushed. "I was seven!".

Micah shrugged, "If you say so. But can you keep this secret?". Intrigued, Dakota couldn't stop herself from nodding.

"Okay, no one else knows about this".

"Tell me what it is already!", Dakota urged her impatiently. Micah just smiled at her. She slowly unzipped the suitcase, and when it was finally unzipped, she cast a glance at Dakota.

"You tell no one", she reminded her. Dakota nodded quickly. Reassured that her secret would be kept, Micah opened the suitcase, and the things that resided in there came to light. Dakota looked at the suitcase and then back to the white-haired shifter. Dakota wanted to laugh in her face and ask her if this was a joke but the vulnerable face staring back made her hesitant.

Instead she bit her lip, "So um, Disney movies?".

Micah shook her head. "Not just Disney. Pixar as well. And pretty much anything that's a cartoon." Dakota spared another glance to the Disney movies in the suitcase.

"Why is this a secret again?"

"Are you kidding?!", Micah sputtered, "Aaliyah and the gang would have my ass if they knew I love these types of movies!". Dakota giggled.

"You made it seem like you had drugs in there. Or like, weapons."

"And why would you think that?"