Welcome to the Rat Pack

It's been a week since the incident in The Lounge, and Dakota still hasn't had a chance to talk to Ariana. Every single time she approached her, Bella was with her, or Bella magically appears when she opens her mouth. The half-elf was frustrated, she just wanted to be Ariana's friend because she was the first person to really help her since she left Callista. And sure, they got off on a weird start, but Dakota really just wanted one person who would be her friend and stick by her. Either way, the fact that Bella is always in the way really pissed her off. Plus, she had to deal with the hurricane that is her roommate, Micah Davis. The girl really is a hurricane; she destroys everything in her way. The thing is, she does it silently which really scared Dakota. Lately she's just been on edge. For example, yesterday some guy, really big too, like Terminator big, bumped into her, and all her notebooks fell onto the floor. He laughed at her and she just glared at him. Dakota swore he wet his pants. He dropped to the floor and picked up all her books, spewing out apologies like crazy, while she just raised an eyebrow. Dakota laughed so hard at that. She tried her hardest to befriend her, but she just stared at her every time she talked. And that's if she can actually find her. Even though they were roommates and were in all of each other's classes, Dakota never really saw her roommate long enough to strike up a conversation. As soon as the bell rung, Micah is out of her seat and practically running through the door. But besides that, the girls, or as Aaliyah calls them, "The Rat Pack", have been great. They really made Dakota feel at home. Lately though, it's been hard for Dakota to shake the feeling that something big was about to happen.

***

Dakota got up from her bed, yawning. It was a Saturday, so there were no classes, and the gang said they were going to take her to one of their favorite spots. After throwing on some tight light blue jeans and a red long-sleeved shirt, she looked at Micah's bed, noticing it's empty. Sighing and shaking her head, she walked into the bathroom, just in time to see Micah stepping out of the shower, without a towel. Gaping like a fish, it didn't register to her that she should close her eyes, until a whole minute later, and Micah says, "What the fuck?". Then Dakota slapped her hand over her eyes and ran out of the bathroom apologizing profusely. She sat on her bed, clenching her pants. She quickly got up again and hastily put on her shoes, running out the door. Making her way to The Lounge, she heard the group before she saw them.

"Jackie, I swear to god, if you bring another one of you sluts I will kill you", yelled Aaliyah.

"I am not a slut!", the girl with blonde hair replied angrily. It was the same girl that called Micah a freak when Dakota had just started school. She came to a halt in front of the group. Looking at Kallen, she silently asked her what was going on. Kallen just snickered and pointed her head toward Aaliyah and the blonde.

"Bitch please, you've had more nuts in you than a Snickers bar. Are you even gay? You are aware that Jackie doesn't have a penis, right? "Aaliyah spits out.

"You know wha-", the girl started, before she is interrupted by Alison.

"Can we just go? Honestly Jackie you know we don't bring our play toys when we hang with the gang. It's supposed to be just us, no extras.

Jackie nodded her head, "Yeah sorry. Look Kristen can we jus-"

"What are you guys crowding around for?", Micah, who had just arrived asked. Dakota looked at her, and their eyes met. She quickly averted her eyes.

"Jackie over here, bought her play thing to hang out with us today", Aaliyah said, glaring at said "play thing". Micah scrunched her eyebrows. 'Cute', Dakota thought.

"Jackie seriously? You'll have other days to screw around, but Saturdays and occasionally Sundays are reserved for hanging with the group. Can you just send your friend home?" Micah said. The "play thing" scoffed and stepped toward Micah.

"Listen freak, you need to learn to not get in other people's business."

"No, youlisten bitch, you need to learn how to not piss people the fuck off, especially when they already hate you!" Aaliyah fumed.

"Okay, this really got out of hand, listen, Kristen, I'll call you later so we can talk okay?" Jackie muttered.

"Sure Babe." Kristen said with an eye roll. She grabbed Jackie's head and shoved her tongue down her throat. The group grimaced. When Kristen left, the group headed toward the parking lot, to find a minivan waiting for them, with two people in it.

"Hey girls, what took you so long?" the driver said. He was a good-looking guy with long brown hair that was gelled up.

"Darien over her was getting antsy", the driver continued. The girls got into the van, and slammed the door shut.

"Sorry Zayne, one of Jackie's whores held us back." Aaliyah said, still angry.

Zayne just laughed, "I figured." Jackie scratched her head, and looked down shamefully.

"Sorry guys."

"Whatever, anyways, guys we have a new member joining the Rat Pack, guys meet Dakota, the red-headed beauty who could be mistaken for the red rum twin's missing sister", Aaliyah grinned.

Zayne looked at Dakota up and down slowly, while Darien just kept his eyes forward. Veronica and Bianca laughed.

"Actually, she could be related to us", Bianca chimed in.

"Yeah, you could totally be our sister, you would make us triplets!" Veronica exclaimed.

Dakota smiled, and then proceeded to look out the van.

"Ah, so she's a quiet one", Zayne mused, starting the van up.

Kallen nodded, "Yeah, but I think she balances us out.".

Aaliyah snorted, "Yeah, she balances our crazy." The group laughed.

"But yeah I get it; she's a nice addition to our dysfunctional family huh?" Aaliyah said seriously, smiling a little. Dakota beamed, while the others nodded.

"Well, let's get this show on the road shall we?" Zayne spoke, smirking slightly.

The car peeled out of the lot, and an unprepared Dakota shot forward, hitting Darien's chair. The whole gang burst out laughing. Darien finally looked to Dakota smiling and said,

"Welcome to the Rat Pack newbie".