Discoveries

A/N: Well, here is another chapter for you guys. It's a long one, so I'd get comfortable if I were you. Don't forget to vote/comment/fan! :)

It was...weird. After Dakota told Micah her story, she didn't think she could look her in the face. The half-elf hated crying. It made her feel so weak. It reminded her of the first few years she spent in Callista, because that was what she felt at first, weak. All she did was cry back then, but she was different now. She was stronger and smarter, she tried to remind herself. Dakota got up, throwing up her guard and preparing to ignore Micah when she noticed that she wasn't in the bed with her. She wasn't even in the room. Dakota panicked, feeling a sense of lost. She needed to be around someone, needed to not feel alone.

***

Micah walked into the room, and then stopped. Dakota was sitting on her bed, with her head in her hands. And...she was crying.

"What's wrong?", Micah immediately asked, running to the bed. Dakota quickly raised her head, and then brushed at the tears on her face.

"I just, I thought- Y-You left me. You left me alone."

"Wha-", then Micah understood. She dropped the stuff that was in her hands on the bed, and hugged Dakota tightly.

"I didn't mean to leave you. I didn't want to, it's just you were sleeping, and I went to get us food.", she said, gesturing to the stuff on the bed.

"I'm such an idiot", Dakota said, smiling a little while wiping her tears. Micah smiled back.

"No you aren't. I shouldn't have left you alone." Dakota just shrugged. Micah picked up the bag she dropped, and sorted through it.

"Well I bought some sandwiches from the cafeteria, is peanut butter and jelly okay?", she asked. Dakota nodded.

"Good. I got some barbecue chips and juice as well.", Micah said, while handing Dakota the mentioned food. Dakota unwrapped her sandwich and bit into it.

"Thanks", she said. Micah nodded, and started eating her food too.

"So, how are you feeling?", Micah asked.

"Better. Sorry for uh, crying on you. And falling asleep.", Dakota replied.

"It's okay. You were talking about bad memories." Dakota nodded. Sensing she did not want to talk about that any more, Micah racked her brain for other subjects to talk about it.

"So, what do you want to do? You were only asleep for like an hour and a half."

"I need to check on Haven. I want to see if she's conscious".

"Do you want me to go with you?".

"If you don't mind."

"Don't worry about it, let's go.", Micah said, throwing her trash away. She walked back to Dakota and offered her a hand. Dakota smiled and took it, and they walked out of the room.

"Do you think she'll be awake this time?", Micah asked Dakota, as they walked through the woods.

"Hopefully. I don't know what to do with her."

"You think you can trust her to not narc your whereabouts to the Elders?", she said, ducking under a branch.

"I don't know. Haven and I used to be friends. I'm hoping she can get past the whole I'm-the-reason-your-sister-died-and-people-are-out-to-kill-you-thing and help me out."

Micah snickered, "Seriously?". Dakota looked back at her and laughed.

"That was the only way I could put it.". They reach the part of the woods where Haven's safe-house of sorts was hidden. Dakota stopped, and put a hand on Micah's shoulder to signal her to stop as well.