New Start

"Wait...what?".

Ariana looked at Dakota like she was stupid.

"Bella,is my roommate", she said slowly.

Dakota just shook her head, "Yeah I heard that, I just didn't think you were serious.".

Ariana shrugged" Well she is my best friend, so of course we room together".

"Is?As in she's still your best friend? ", Dakota asked.
"I mean we talked. Sort of. I don't want a relationship, all I want from Bella is her friendship".

Dakota pouted jokingly. "Just when I started to like you guys together.".

Ariana laughed at her. "Too bad Bella hates your guts".

Dakota rolled her eyes. "Because I kissed you or because of me making her fly like a bug.". They both laughed hard at that.

"Probably both. Actually, she doesn't believe you're the reason she 'fell' the way she did. But she definitely doesn't like you so I would stay away from her if I were you."

"Are you kidd-", Dakota started to say before the sound of the school's bells interrupted her.

"And that's the bell. Look, we'll talk about it later. For now, just look at your schedule 8and get to class.", Ariana said. Dakota nodded and looked at the piece of paper in her hand.

"Psychology", Dakota recited out loud. She looked up to ask for directions, but Ariana is already gone. She cursed and ventured out to find the class on her own.

* * *

"Another way to detect lies is by looking at the subject's body language. If the person is avoiding eye contact, or maybe making toomuch contact, chances are they are lying about whatever it is they're talking about. Now if the pers-", the teacher stopped his lecture and looked at the door as it opened. Dakota blushed as soon as everyone's eyes turned to hers.

"And who are you?", the teacher asked.

"Oh um, I'm a new student-", Dakota began.

"And what in God's name possessed you to come to class half an hour late?", the teacher chided.

"Well, like I was saying, I'm a new student and this school is kind of big-".

"Oh, for heaven's sake, just sit down, you're interrupting an important lecture", the teacher interrupted.

Dakota raised an eyebrow,"Okaaay, but where am I supposed to sit?".

"Just sit there, next to Ms. Davis", the exasperated teacher said.

"And who is that?", Dakota asked with equal annoyance. The teacher opened his mouth to answer when a blond girl with heavy make-up answered for him.

"It's impossible to miss her, she's the freak with the white hair", she spat out with an attitude.

"Now Kirsten, that word should not be used in class", the teacher said.

The blond girl just rolled her eyes, "Sorry Mr. Lennard".

"You're lying, but just don't say it in my presence again.", Mr. Lennard commented. Kirsten just rolled her eyes again. Dakota walked toward an empty desk in the back, and caught the eyes of the girl with white hair. The girl looked at Dakota with an intense stare as she pulled the desk chair back to sit, with the red-head staring right back.

"Any time now Ms. Winters", Mr. Lennard drawled. Dakota broke the stare and sat down quickly, sparing one more glance at the white-haired girl.