Surprises

Dakota stood upright, looking from the knife to Skylar in confusion. With a smirk, Teresa aggressively ripped the knife out of her and Dakota grunted and fell to the floor.

"That's low.", Dakota said, glaring at her.

Teresa grinned, "Since when do I play fair?". Dakota's jaw clenched with anger. The blonde just smirked. "Now, you have a choice, do you want me to kill you, or...", she trailed off looking behind her. Dakota glanced behind her as Skylar walked up. The red-head's eyes widen. 'Oh, fuck me', she thought, 'I'm already dead'.

Dakota tried to get up, but Teresa kicked her in the face.

"Nope, stay down dog.", she said with a smirk. Dakota grunted and spit out blood. Teresa twirled her scythe in her hand and turned it into a knife. She turned to Skylar and handed it to her, bowing sarcastically.

"I guess I'll give you the honors. ", she said. Skylar looked at the knife contemplating. Teresa smiled and backed away.

"What are you doing?", Dakota asked Skylar. Skylar said nothing and raised the knife.

"Wait! Listen, if you really loved me, you wouldn't do this.", Dakota pleaded. Skylar looked at her, shocked. She looked around, making sure Teresa can't hear them and said,

"Of course I loved you...It's just...You were a mistake that shouldn't have happened, and this is my way of making it right.".

Dakota looked at her incredulously, "By killing me? Skye, two wrongs don't make a right!".

Skylar just shook her head. "At least you'll be reincarnated, and plus dying is not so bad.", she said quietly.

Dakota glared at her, "How would you know? Have you ever died?".

"Well no bu-", Skylar started but was interrupted by Teresa, who had walked closer towards them.

"Are you going to kill her or not?", Teresa commanded. Skylar nodded slowly again, and raised the sword.

Dakota closed her eyes... Skylar yelled an incantation and a bang and a yelp from Teresa followed it. Dakota's eyes flew open, and her mouth dropped in shock at what she saw. Skylar and Teresa were currently fighting. Teresa was currently on the floor, and her clothes were smoking.

"Wha-what?", Dakota tried to get up, but a flashing pain made her stop. She put her hand to her wound and her eyes widen when she noticed the puddle of blood she was lying in. She got a good look at her surroundings. She was on a highway, and cars were driving all around her, fast. She gazed at Teresa and Skylar again. This time, Skylar was the one on the floor and she was trying to back away from the advancing psycho, whose scythe was in hand. Just as Teresa raised her weapon, lights beamed upon her and frantic honking was heard. She looked at the direction and glimpsed a car coming towards her.

"What the fu-", she mumbled, before it hit her. Skylar gasped and quickly rolled out of the way. Dakota laughed in shock. Her smile is wiped off her face when the car swerved towards her. Her eyes shut again. A few minutes later she opened her eyes. She was no longer in the middle of the road. She looked around and saw Skylar. Suspicious Dakota backed away from her, panicked.

"No, don't worry, I'm not going to kill you.", Skylar reassured her.

Dakota raised an eyebrow, "What changed your mind?".

Skylar smiled, "I love you too much".

Dakota grinned with her and got up. As soon as she is on her feet, she fell toward Skylar. Said girl caught her.

"No wait! Where am I supposed to take you?", she asked. Dakota mumbled something. Skylar nodded, and with the last of her energy, conjured another portal. She walked through it, with Dakota in her arms. They end up in front of a house. Skylar walked up to the house and knocked on the door. A few moments later, a certain girl with honey colored hair opened the door. Her eyes widen when she saw Dakota, nearly dead, in Skylar's arms.

"Da-Dakota?, Ariana stammered.

Dakota gave her a weak smile. Skylar pushed Ariana aside, walked into the house and said, "She needs help".