Normalcy?

When Skylar left, Ariana and her mom made the decision to truly help Dakota get away from her past. The girl didn't have anyone to rely on. She was truly by herself, with no one in their world Dakota could lean on or ask for help. They knew that the half-elf couldn't hide forever, which is exactly why they knew it was probably just easier to stay hidden in plain sight. Angelina, Ariana's mom, took everything in stride. She could tell that Dakota had a good soul, and seeing as Angelina was a nurse, she had a very nurturing one herself. She immediately was rooting for Dakota and just wanted to help her live the life she wanted. With her mind set, she devised a plan that would help Dakota get a new identity and a new life. She didn't tell the girls how but she was able to get the half-elf an ID and some papers that looked legitimate. Dakota didn't question anything, she was just grateful to have immediately met people who seemed like they genuinely wanted to help her. Angie (she insisted on Dakota calling her that) told Ariana that Dakota was to go to school with her. Ariana informed Dakota that her school was on a Winter Break, and that they had a week a couple of days before it started again.

* * *

Three Weeks Later**
"Come on, you're gonna make us late", Ariana yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Dakota was still not ready for school. Angie walked down the stairs slowly, a huge smile on her face. "I introduce to you Dakota Winters.", Angie said proudly beckoning to the top of the stairs. There stood Dakota, her red hair perfectly straightened, wearing the school uniform. Her blazer was black and underneath it was a red collared shirt. The uniform included a plaid, red and black skirt which landed about three inches above Dakota's knees. The school's crest, a mockingbird, gleamed brightly on her chest. Red and black were the class colors. White and black for Freshmen, green and black for Sophomores, purple and black for Juniors, and red and black for Seniors. Ariana said nothing but, "So you chose the last name Winters? How original mom. Can we go now? I don't want to be late.". She walked out the door and Dakota's face fell. Angie reassured her that the uniform looked good on her which made her smile once again. Dakota hugged her and they both hurried to catch up to Ariana. Already in her mom's blue Nissan Juke, Ariana honked the horn. Angie grumbled under her breath about impatient kids but still hurried to her car.

* * *

An Hour Later Angie parked the car right in front of a massive school. Dakota gaped at it, open-mouthed. Angie looked at her and chuckled. "Bye mom!", Ariana said, hugging her mom goodbye. She bounced out of the car and left Dakota with her mom.

"You scared?", she asked Dakota with a small smile. Dakota nodded.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay.", Angie assured her. Dakota bit her lip and nodded, getting out the car.

"By the way, I know it looks huge but don't let it overwhelm you, chances of you getting lost are one in one,", Angie said mischievously. She started her car and drove away, laughing loudly. Dakota is left staring at the car, shocked. Someone poked the back of her head, and she whirled around, standing face to face with Ariana.

Ariana took a step back and said, "Come on, you need to be assigned a room.". Dakota looked at her. "A room? What for?", she asked, panicked. Ariana gave her an apologetic smile.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? We'll be living here.", she said sweetly.

Dakota grimaced, "Well I guess that's okay, as long as I live with you.".

Ariana shook her head, "Girl, it's the middle of the school year. I already have a roommate, you'll be placed with someone who doesn't.".

Dakota pouted. "Well who is your roommate?"

"Bella".