You're a What?

Ariana's eyes never dropped from Dakota's face as she spoke. Dakota was worried about what might happen if someone tried to bring her back to where she came from. She couldn't get past the feeling that she was putting Ariana in danger. If her people go out of their way to actually search for her, they could use Ariana to get to her or kill her to teach Dakota a lesson. She decided to tell Ariana the full truth because she knew she needed at least one person by her side.

* * *

"An elf..."Ariana said.

"I know it's hard to believe bu-", Dakota rushed.

"No, I believe you, it's just...wow".

"Wow?".

"Well yeah, not only are you an elf but an elf from Greek times, who uses magic.".

"It's not that easy, for some magic, blood is essential for it to work, like when I made Bella hit the wall and how I got here.".

Ariana looked at her funny, "So that's why I found you with a hole in your gut?".

"What? Oh no, one of my kind stabbed me.".

Ariana bunched up her eyebrows, "Why!? You were seriously hurt!".

Dakota smiled, "I was planning on leaving and over there, you can't leave alive.". Ariana raised an eyebrow. Dakota looked down, tears coming to her eyes.

"Um, well there's a couple of reasons why I wanted to leave. But mostly it was because I'm not like the other elves. I'm half human, and that wasn't acceptable. I was always picked on when I was younger, plus I didn't age like the others too.", Dakota said sadly. Ariana opened her mouth then slammed it shut.

Dakota looked at her," What?", she asked.

"How old are you?", Ariana blurted out, blushing.

Dakota laughed, "I age like a human being, so I'm eighteen years old.". Ariana sighed, smiling.

"What is it called? The place you lived?", Ariana inquired.

"Callista", Dakota said.

"Wow, that is a pretty name.", Ariana gushed.

"It means beautiful.". Dakota replied. They smiled at each other.

"But it's not as beautiful as you", Dakota added bluntly. Ariana blushed.

"I guess we should talk about that kiss huh?", she asked. Dakota gave her an understanding smile.

"I shouldn't have kissed you. Before I got here, I was in a, well a "situationship" that wasn't quite right. I don't think I want a relationship or anything like that, but I would like to be your friend. Plus, I think you and Bella should probably talk.".

Ariana blushed and sighed in relief. "I think we do.". She started fidgeting. "I just don't know what to say!". Dakota gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Well, what's on your mind?", she asked the hazel eyed girl. Ariana just sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. Dakota let her gather her thoughts. After a couple of moments of silence, Ariana started to talk again.

"We used to experiment". Dakota looked at her quizzically.

Ariana blushed. "We used to kiss and stuff, like a lot. And I don't know, the lines got kinda blurry.". Dakota nodded. She understood more than Ariana knew.

"That gets messy".

Ariana sighed in reply. "I don't know what to do about it. I guess I never though too deeply about what it means that I like to kiss my best friend.".

"Wow, Dakota, I'm sure you could tell her a lot about that", someone jested, interrupting them. Dakota and Ariana quickly turn around to see a person with blonde hair and purple eyes smirking at them.

"Who the hell are you!?", Ariana exclaimed.

The girl chuckled, "Why don't you ask your friend there.". Ariana looked at Dakota, who looked panic stricken. She couldn't believe that this happened as fast as it did

"T-Teresa? Wha-what are you doing here?", Dakota stammered.

Teresa giggled, "I'm here to kill you of course.". She raised a scythe that appeared out of thin air and slammed it down.