Chapter 19

It has been a few hours, and I have killed half of the demons and almost everybody is hiding. I have a few bruises and cuts that aren't deep enough to start bleeding. Just after cutting another demon's head my sword breaks. I toss the sword to the side and take out my shorter swords.

[At least it was one of the old ones.]

Some buildings are damaged and a few are burning. Since I was using so many breathing techniques I was getting tired and stopped running for a few seconds. I tried to sense around for any demons close by. Suddenly the ground underneath me started moving. I jump away before a hole appears where I was just standing.

[Of course, they would have demons with blood demon arts.]

Something flies towards my face, and I dodge. I jump towards the building where they came from and quickly get rid of the demon. Breath of Stars: Scorpio; I jump out of the window and towards a small group of demons. I am able to kill three of them before one punches me away. When I stand up again my feet are stuck in the ground. I struggle as I am trying to get my feet out of the sinking ground as some demons start to surround me.

Breath of stars: Virgo; Breath of Galaxies: Quasar.

I swing my sword and create a shockwave down so that I go into the air. I take out my second sword and swing them around me, effectively killing most of the demons around me. The demon controlling the ground was forced out by my first attack and he attacks by making the ground rise and make a fist.

Breath of Galaxies: Supernova

I run towards him and cut down any attacks coming my way before finally slashing his neck. Only then did I realize that he had something in his eye. I hadn't got enough time to read it before he disintegrated and I started coughing. I see a burning roof about to fall on a child and throw my body towards him. I was able to get the both of us away before it falls.

"Thank you, lady!"

"Yea, just go to the safe space."

It starts to rain, so I don't have to worry about putting out the fires. In the distance, I see a few demons with a kid on the roofs. I appear in front of the one holding the child and jump on him and then kill the other one before he jumps off of the roof.

 I appear in front of the one holding the child and jump on him and then kill the other one before he jumps off of the roof

I grab the kid before killing the demons below and then hand him to one of the people going towards the safe space. I only feel 4 demon auras left and they are all in the same spot.

Breath of Galaxies: Merging Galaxies; Breath of stars: Taurus

I appear in front of a tree that holds the demons. I see their eyes slightly widen before I slash my blades towards the girl demon and Douma. I was only able to slash the girl before Douma made an ice pillar appear and push me away.

 I was only able to slash the girl before Douma made an ice pillar appear and push me away

I was able to get my other blade in front of the point, so I wasn't majorly injured. Just as I was about to jump back their way, the sun peeks out from the horizon and I know that they will be gone before I get there. I sigh and that out the small vile for Tamayo. Once the blood goes inside a small cat appears and I give it to him and he disappears. I go to the safe space and help the people there who are injured. The rest of them go and find their family and check on their belongings.

[At least there were no lives lost here.]

Once I am finished with patching up the injured and helping people either getting to their houses or cleaning up the rubble I take a quick break while checking on my supplies. I had used most of my bandages and ointments. I take out a quick snack and eat it before bandaging myself up and packing everything up and heading out of the inn. I let my hair down since it was too messy to fix quickly. As I leave the gates of the town some little kids run up to me.

"Wait, lady!"

I turn around to face them and wait for them to catch up to me.

[Maybe it would be best for me to have some solitary time on Mt. Natagumo.]

"Thank you for helping us, pretty lady!"

[I'm pretty?]

"There is no need to thank me. Just make sure that everyone is ok, and things go back to normal."

One of the girls that ran up to me grabbed something and handed it to me. It was a neat flower crown with purple and yellow flowers.

"Here, I made this as thanks."

"Thank you for thinking of me, but I do not need this. I believe that it would be better for you to keep."

I take the flower crown and place it on top of her head and pat it lightly.

"Now you are even cuter."

"But these flowers are special! They only bloom every few years and are very pretty just like you!"

"Then, I will take one flower with me since they are so special. You can keep the rest since I don't want to lose or damage them."

She grins brightly and takes one of the flowers out of her pocket and hands it to me. It is a flower that has a mix of purple and yellow. I gently take it and place it in my sleeve.

"Thank you, now go back to your houses before your parents notice that you are gone."

They give me a quick hug and giggle with each other while running back to their houses. I turn around towards the still-rising sun and start walking towards Mt. Natagumo.

[Please let me have a few peaceful days there.]