Chapter 25

We continued training but most of the time I was away with preparations to get initiated into the Corps. I had challenged and won against Kanao once before getting caught up in preparations, but it was when the trio had left so they didn't see it happen. I am currently on my way to the mist estate because my crow went there for some reason instead of listening to its destination.

[I don't know if this crow will be like me, or it will be one like Inouske.]

When I knock on the door a Kakushi opens it. I think that he might be one of the ones from the mountain. He quickly bows and leaves the door frame while leaving me to just stand there. I don't want to keep someone waiting if there is someone, but I also don't want to walk inside someone's house without their permission. I walk around the house and towards the back. It is very plain, but still has a few simple designs probably done by the other hashiras or the kakushi. When I reach the back of the estate, I see Murichiro looking at the sky with a wooden sword at his side. It looks like he has just finished practice since there was a sheer layer of sweat covering his skin.

"Excuse me, Muichiro-san."

He turns and looks at me for a minute probably trying to remember my name. "Hello (y-y-n-y/n) -chan."

"Ma, you remembered me!"

"Your crow is familiar with my crow, so it stopped by and they will not stop talking to each other."

"Sorry if they caused you trouble."

"It is no problem, just make sure that your crow will listen to you, we don't need you dying when you just joined the corps."

"Awe, you care about me," I say while patting his head.

"Yes."

He takes my hand that was patting his head and brings me to where our crows are talking. On the way there he even laced our fingers together. He took me through the estate, all the way up to the roof. When we are close we can hear quiet squawk-like talking. When we peak through the ceiling tile, we see the two crows in a next sitting next to each other and talking.

*Ahem*

Both birds snap their heads towards us. Somehow they were able to turn red with their normal black-colored feathers.

"Squawk! Are you my new slayer?"

"Yes, it is nice to meet you. Do you have a name that I can call you by?"

"No, *squawk* you can name me!"

"Alright then, how about (c/n)?"

She doesn't say anything, instead, she opts to fly over to me and sit on my shoulder. I coo at how cute she is as she leans her head on mine and falls asleep.

"Thank you for taking care of her Muichiro-san. How about I take you out for food someday soon?"

"Sure, I will try and remember."

I bid Muichiro goodbye and went on my way back to the Butterfly estate. It was already nighttime when I arrived back at the estate. I quietly went inside while holding my crow in my arms. When I look down the hall, I see Tanjiro soaked in water and getting a towel from the three girls that are helping us train. I walk over to them as he starts drying his hair.

"Hello to you all."

"Hey (y/n)"

"Hello (y/n)-sa-" they were able to correct themselves before adding the honorific to her name.

"Did you get your crow?"

"Yes, her name is (c/n), and I really like her," I state quite childishly while holding her carefully in my hands and showing them the sleeping crow.

[Ah, she looks so cute doing that.] Tanjiro thought.

"Anyways, Tanjiro-sama, do you maintain Total Concentration Breathing around the clock? Morning, noon, and night. And all through the night as you sleep. Do you use it nonstop?"

Tanjiro seems surprised by the sudden question. I was a little bit confused.

[Aren't you supposed to do that from the start? Was there a different way of doing it? I could have not almost suffocated myself to death as I slept?!]

"No, I don't think I have ever done that. Is that even possible?"

"Yes! We're told that being able to do that makes a world of difference!"

"Even just using that technique for a short period of time really takes a toll, but I should do it around the clock, huh?" Tanjiro looks scared out of his wits as he is trying to take the information in.

"Yes, some people have already mastered it. All the hashira and Kanao, even (y/n)."

"Huh! (y/n) you have already mastered it?!"He looks at me eyes wide and his mouth hung agape.

"Hehe, well I kind of did it by accident. You see, as I traveled around, I would find obscure paths to take, and sometimes I would find a trainer or two and I would watch them. Apparently, I didn't hear that there was another way to do Total Concentration Breathing and started doing to around the clock."

"Please do your best Tanjiro-sama!"

"Alright, I will give it a try!"

From there we parted ways. Tanjiro went to take a shower, and I did as well. I got back first and went to meditate for a little bit.

[If he is going to advance to the hashiras level of strength, would that be the right time to teach it to him !@^|ur@-san?]

[The tip of the blade and a wheel, I should start practice in the morning.]

With that, I went to sleep wondering if what I am doing is the right thing, or if I am being too emotional towards the situation.

[Let's just hope that he knows about it and that I don't have to teach him from the beginning, I doubt that we have enough time.]