Chapter 56

I hope everyone will have a good school year :)

Once my breathing was leveled out, and my eyesight was less blurry. I look down at the sword handle with a small piece of blade left on and sigh. I put the handle away to try and make use of it later and focus on the demon approaching. I slice through one of Akaza's air shockwave punches before moving around the other two. I look through the transparent world and sprint towards him. I duck underneath his fist and extend my arm.

Breath of stars: Pisces

I cut his hand off and as it regenerates back together I slice his arm into pieces. He kicks his leg up, and I backflip away, but not without cutting his leg off.

Destructive Kill; Leg type: Explosive Flurry

Breath of stars: Capricorn

I jump around him as he sends out continuous attacks using his legs. Once the places I land are attacked there is barely anything left there. If I landed on the side of a building, there would be a wall missing, the walkway there would be a gap. I ended up on the railing of the lower part of a nearby building. Since the walkway is in the way of him and me he attacks where he is standing. I get a few scratches from the wood falling in my direction, but I still am able to reach the walkway.

Breath of stars: Sagittarius

Once I sliced through his limbs, a total of eight times, the ninth I cut him from the base of his neck and all the way straight down. (That's gotta hurt) As he regenerates his two half back into one, my sword is already at his neck and about halfway through when he jumps into the air.

Destructive Kill: Ten Thousand Leaves Flashing Willow

Breath of Galaxies: Merging Galaxies

*Akaza POV

Akaza looks down at the now decimated walkway. He walks along the edge since that is the only thing left to hold up the walkway.

[I hope I didn't kill her.]

Just as his nose picked up the scent of your blood, a shoe is hurdled towards him making an induced shockwave before another one is flying at his face. This one made him fall off of the edge, and that is when he saw you.

*Your POV

Once he was knocked off of the railing, I jumped off of the roof. I stab the blade that broke off from the handle into the center of his neck. I wrapped bandages around my hand for more grip. I use the broken blade to slam him into a nearby wall. I readjust my grip on the blade ignoring that it was cutting deeper into my hand. Using the blade, I cut through one side of his neck and watching it break once more. My brain processed getting punched multiple times more than leaving a weak point open for attack. It only processed that it was thereafter a searing pain flooded the nerves in my neck. I grit my teeth in pain and use my other hand with my sword and slice through the other half of his neck.

Breath of Galaxies: Prominence Burst

Once my sword finally cut through his neck I slightly stumbled backward. I quickly regain my balance and grip at his pink hair and start yanking it.

"Let go."

His response came out slightly muffled."No!" When he opened his mouth to speak, I tried to pry him off, but he just bit down deeper.

[I should be able to live without a little bit of skin.]

"If you won't let go, I take you off myself!"

"I would like to see you try!"

"Aaargh!" I use both hands to have a tight grip on his decapitated head and pull him off along with the surrounding skin of my neck. I spin around and throw his head into the nearest room, but keep it far enough from his body. I pant slightly while I try and get rid of the burning pain in my neck.

His body wasn't responding to his commands because I slit his Achilles heels, and cut through some important arteries in his legs that made him unable to stand. Of course, his regeneration was slowed cause there was wisteria laced on the blade that cut him. He laid there and watched as I cut off his hands and feet before adding the citric acid, shoe polish, and wisteria.

"Here, something to remember me by. P.S. It will scar forever."

I wink before turning around and dropping the lit match on his body. I jumped off the ruined walkway and went to search for a place of refuge while I take care of my injuries, especially the one that won't stop spurting blood everywhere. While you were occupied with that, there was only one thing on Akaza's mind as he watched his body burn and you get away.

[Damn, that was hot.]

***Now with Tanjiro at the Smith village***

It had been around a week since Tanjiro had arrived at the smith village. He got acquainted with Mitsuri and tried to talk to Muichiro and Genya, Although the latter two didn't get a positive response. Nezuko was also introduced to Mitsuri. They had fun as they braided each other's hair and danced around. Tanjiro in the background was taking mental notes on how to do the braids for Nezuko whenever she wanted.

He had also started to train with the doll that Kotetsu showed him how to use. In the time of training with the doll, he inadvertently cut its head off to reveal a 300-year-old sword hidden inside. Sadly it was in bad condition, but it was to be expected if it was that old. That was when Hotaru, which is Haganezuka's first name, showed up. In his now musically form from his training he took the sword and promised to fix the sword.

Later two upper moons appeared at the smith village at night. Muichiro, Tanjiro, and Nezuko, who were in the room that Hantengu attacked fight against him. After Muichiro beheaded Hantengu, he split into Sekido and Karaku. Sekido, who represents Hantengu's anger let a secret slip to the three in the room.

"Damn, you remind me of that slayer girl with (h/c) hair and highlights. Behead first, talk later."