Giyuu's Birthday

This isn't a part of the actual story line.

Also, the picture not mine

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun rises in the distance and its light streams through the window in my room. I start to wake up when I realize what day it is any grogginess that I felt was now gone. I quickly fold up the bed and things before leaving my room and starting on the preparations for today. I had already asked Tanjiro if he would ask some of the hashira's if they wanted to come to the party so that I could focus on the food.

I got some of my money and headed towards the closest town to buy the ingredients. I looked through the stalls selling various foods and trinkets when I see the familiar untamed black hair a few stalls away from me.

"Hello, Giyuu. How are you today?"

"Fine."

"What are you doing here?"

"Looking."

"Is there anything in particular that you are looking for, maybe I could help?"

"No, why are you here?"

" I am just looking for ingredients to cook with tonight. Since you aren't doing anything, why don't you spend the day with me?"

Since I was looking at a stall with daikons, I didn't notice the small blush that had formed on his cheeks."

"Sure."

"Great", I turn towards him and give him a small smile.

I take his hand and lead him around the town and look at things while I gather the ingredients in secret. I'm the end we ended up passing by a stall with hair ornaments, I disregarded it since I don't like accessories that much, and nothing really caught my eye. When I continued down the path Giyuu told me that he had to get something and go back on my own. I didn't think much of it and continued on the way back to Shinobu's house where the celebration was going to be held.

I remember the first time that I brand it up to her, she ignored me for the whole day for doing something for that unliked person. Eventually after some reasoning and a few promises she allowed me to use her house.

" Ara Ara~ are you done shopping for the food (y/n)?"

"Hello Shibou, and yes I am. Is there anything in particular that you would like to eat tonight?"

"Anything is fine."

She leaves to check on any lasting patients so that they can leave for us to start decorating. As I started peeping the food for everyone Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inoskue, and a few others helped set up the water decorations around the room and the water-themed table decor.

I was preparing everyone's favorite foods since they all liked very different things and didn't want anyone to be forced to eat anything that they didn't like. It put a huge dent in my wallet, but it doesn't matter that much. I had my crow (c/n) go and get the rest of the hashiras before going to Giyuu's estate.

"Remember (c/n), if he doesn't want to go you have to drag him here. Got it?"

"Caw, yep, caw"

I watch as (he/she) flew into the sky before starting to plate all of the food and set it on the table. All the hashiras and a few other slayers are here and waiting for him at their respective seats while also drooling at the smell of their food. I had even found a way to talk Sanemi down and make him take part in the celebration.

Once we heard that familiar sound of a crow flapping its wings we all got ready for when the door opens. When (c/n) knocks on the door I walk over and start to open it while giving everyone a signal. Once the door is fully open and Giyuu looks we all say:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIYUU!"

He looks a little taken aback by the surprise but I can see a faint curl at the ends of his lips. I invite him inside and have him sit in the seat next to me. Once all of the drinks are poured, everyone takes the lids off of their plates and starts to dig in. I hear a few praises about the food, but when I look at Giyuu I notice that he isn't eating his food.

"Is something wrong with the food? I thought that it is your favorite dish?"

"It is,...but how did you know?"

"I asked Urokodaki, he also wishes you a happy birthday."

He finally takes his chopsticks and eats his food.

"It tastes good, thank you."

He starts to gulp down the rest of his food while the others converse and occasionally he talks about things with them. About halfway through the party some of the older people besides Gyomei decided to have a drinking contest and got completely wasted. After that, a few people like Muichiro, Mitsuri, and the Kamaboko gang left. We continued partying and eating the food that I made along with a few sweets until it reached close to midnight. Gyomei was kind enough to take away Uzui and Rengkou and bring them back to their estates. Only Gyuu and I were awake in the room since a few others fell asleep on the floor and we decided to leave them there with a few pillows and blankets.

"Oh, Giyuu, come outside with me. I need to give you your present."

We both get up quietly and walk outside and sit on the ledge of wood. I take out my pan flute and start playing the song that I made for him.

We look at the night sky with the moon out from behind its cloud coverings and shining brightly. The stars were twinkling in the sky as the start of a meteor shower begins. Streaks of light fill the night sky along with the stars. The two watch in amazement at the beauty of something that they don't understand.

Once it is finished, so is the song. I look towards Giyuu and give him a small smile.

"How was it?"

"Amazing."

That made me smile a little more while he cracked a grin. A happy one that no one has seen in a very long time. He sits up a little bit and turns towards me and takes something out of his sleeve.

"I have something for you."

"Why, it is not my birthday silly?"

He doesn't say anything, just reaches past me and places something in my hair.

"It is a music note hair ornament. You look pretty with it on."

"Haha. Thank you, I am sure it is a beautiful as you say. I have to give you something in return though, is there anything that you would like?"

He puts his hand to his chin as he thinks of something. I turn my head back towards the moon and see in the other distance the sun starting to rise up.

"You better hurry before your birthday is up," I say with slight amusement in my tone, still not looking at him.

In one quick movement, it seemed as if time itself stopped. He took my chin in one hand and the other behind my head and brought my face in his direction.

"I know what I want in return now."

Before I could say anything, he lowered his head towards mine and I turned red. As the light from the sun and moon shone on us, a secret that only two people would know was made. As if it was magic the second that they separated time resumed and the sun began rising again while the moon falls.

"Thank you for the birthday (y/n)."

"N-No p-probl-lem.

He laughs a little at my flushed face and rests his head on my shoulder as we both look at the rising sun in the far distance. Both with smiling faces and a tint of red to our faces.