Chapter 6

It has been about a year since I met Tanjiro, I hope that he is still alive. I have just reached a town that I have played in before. I see that there is a festival with a competition. I was planning on getting another weapon, so it would be good to get some more money. I decide to do a sword dance instead of my normal music because it was a new thing I was trying. After asking if it was ok for me to join the competition I made up a dance routine. I wait for the day to pass as I walk around the town trying to get inspiration. I happen to see a few certain Hair colors that I remember. I see a certain pink and green-haired girl eating with a certain snake boy. There is also a certain red and orange hair man behind them saying TASTY with each bite. I leave the place so that they don't see me yet. Soon after leaving I find a person who wants to join the competition but can't find a person to dance to the song. I walk over to him, and we make a deal. We spend the rest of the time going over the newly made music and practicing.

****

It is now close to sunset and the festival is starting. We are number 14 in the competition. Most of the competitors were singing or playing music. One told a story and another made food in a weird way. Most acts were good but a few were bad but everyone clapped no matter what happened.Soon enough it was our turn. I am wearing a long flowy outfit that is black with white mist patterns. I have my hair fully down where everyone can see the gold and silver highlights. When I get into the position, I nod to Zen(the musician). (play music above). When he starts the music, I look over the audience to see if the pillars are there. (your outfit is like the person in the video but the color and pattern mentioned.).

I start to dance while looking at the crowd. They seem to like it, especially the kids. When the music goes faster, the boys and men seem to like it more. When I get my second sword from behind, it almost seems like magic to the people but it was just hidden. When I see the pillars looking at me, I keep the stare then wink. After a minute of thinking, I think they remember who I am. When I finish everyone claps and we get off the stage.

There was only one person after us, but they did not show. The judges started conversing on what acts they liked. As they did this, I was hiding from the Pillars. After almost being caught by Obani and Uzui the judges said that they made a decision. All the contestants went onto the stage and stood in a straight line.

"In third place is: The flower sakura song"

"In second place: The storyteller"

"And in first is..."

"THE SWORD DANCE AND MUSIC NUMBER"

Cheers and clapping were heard for everyone. The judges come up and hand us the money in an envelope and say congratulations. After everyone had left, I asked Zen why he wanted to compete.

"I needed money to get medicine for my sick mother."

"I hand him the entire envelope while smiling." (fake)

"You don't have to do this."

"You need it for more important things. I was just going to use the money as extra for when I buy a new sword."

He smiled and hugged me tightly then ran away screaming "Thank you (Y/n)."

I turn to leave knowing that there are a few people following me. Once I got my box and changed clothes, I left the village. After a few minutes of walking, I say to come out. I turn around and see Giyuu and Shinobu behind me. I widen my smile a little more.

"Why are you following me?"

"You should know the reason."

"Hmm. "I put my hands in front of my stomach and secretly reach my hand into my obi to be able to draw my shuriken if needed. "I really don't know." I try to sound as innocent as I can.

I know that there is someone behind me, so I let my hands fall to their sides leaving the shuriken in my obi and opting to use my weights. I unnoticeably shake my arms to have my weights to fall into my hands that are covered by my sleeves.

"Ara~ Ara~ little girl are you (y/n)(l/n)? We know you are. You should come calmly with us."

"Are you trying to kidnap me? How do you know my name? "I start to walk back slowly as they raise their arms.

Just as they are about to grab my shoulders, I swiftly put a weight on each of their arms and flip above them.

"It would be no fun if I let you capture me like that. Come on try your best before I disappear."

I run quickly and put another weight on the other Hishira's arms, but made sure that it only went on one arm.

"You have to try harder than that if you want to catch me. "I look at the 4 pillars before me on the ground because of the weight on their arms. I know that there are 2 people watching from elsewhere.

"How can a child carry so much weight?"

I tilt my head to the side like a child when they are confused. Doesn't everyone have weights put on them when they are children?

At first, the Pillars in front of me and the ones trying to sneak to attack me thought CUTE! At first, but when they heard my question they almost screamed WHATTT! They were able to compose themselves but most of their mouths hung open.

"N-No that is not normal"

"Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day. You might want to close your mouths before flies get in."

When they finally close their mouths, I think if I want to keep playing with them or if I should leave.

Do you want me to take the weights off?"

"Yes please, you are such a cute child."

"Mhm."

"That would be lovely."

"Ok. I walk towards them while dodging the man who looks like he is blind along with the loud man. I take the weights off as swiftly as I had put them on.

Well, I guess you will have to try harder next time. Goodbye.

With that, I disappeared by jumping and using a breathing technique and start walking to a random village. Maybe I will encounter a demon. I need to work off this adrenalin.

******
After slaying a couple of demons, I take a break and start to sew some more designs into my haori. I had finally finished the galaxy on the sleeve and took a quick nap.

Time skips a year.

I had received word from a friend in the nearby village that there was a high paying job at a brothel in the red-light district. When I had reached the red-light district, I had a hard time trying to find where the job was with all the weird men and women looking at me. When I had finally reached the brothel that was red with gold outside and a statue on top I went inside to find the owner.

When the owner met with me, she seemed surprised that I was a young child and not a more mature woman. Don't get me wrong I am pretty developed for a teenage girl, maybe more so than most. I had her read the letter from my friend in hopes that she would accept me for the job for the week. Apparently, an extremely rich and handsome group of men are going to come through here, and this place wanted the money. I can't judge these people living here because I almost sold myself to slavery when I was young. I know that most of the people here are trying to get rid of debt or make money to help their families.

After she had looked over the letter for a few minutes, she sighed and said," if you get the attention it is your own fault."

"It is fine I have played in a place like this before. I will try my best to keep their attention on the Oiran and other workers."

She nods and says that I can play whatever instrument I like and that I can have a room to myself with no charge if I play more than one type of music and instrument.

"I can do that but is there a certain type of song that you wish me to play."

"No, along as it doesn't disturb the guests."

------------------------------------------------------------------------