Chapter 60

Again, sorry its late, but hey we made it to chapter 60. Also, I am very sick so the next few chapters might either be late and slightly shorter. I don't have much time right now between trying to get better and doing a lot of schoolwork.

[I am going to strangle this kid.]

I try and tune out the sound of Hibiki going on and on about various things that I already have extensive knowledge of. I grab the plant leaf that was going to slap me after Hibiki forgot to hold it. I made sure that I moved any animals that Hibiki became scared of, like snakes, rabbits that rustled bushes, and a fox. Well, the fox follows me, and Hibiki states three feet away.

"Eeeek, (y/n)-san duck!"

I snap my head towards where Hibiki was standing and see a hawk flying towards him. I push Hibiki down to the ground and grit my teeth when my leg starts acting up again. The haws circles back around and Hibiki grabs me and starts to run away.

"Stop screaming like a banshee, and stop running. The hawk is just looking for food, and you are disturbing its hunting grounds."

Luckily I was able to grab the fox before the hawk could attack them. Hibiki walked us over to a large bush and hid behind it. I part the bush and look around for the hawk.

"I don't see it anymore."

"Uuuuh (y/n)-san!" He hushedly whispered.

"What?"

"We shoul-"

I grab his head and push him to the ground just as the hawk swoops down again. The hawk comes around again and again. I hobble towards the opening for the hawk to see me. I sit there with my cane laying on the ground next to me. I stare at the hawk that keeps dropping next to me but isn't attacking. I raise an arm and watch as the hawk goes to land on it. It screeches somewhat loudly, but not too much to make my headache worse. I let the hawk stand on the ground and I pet its head.

"You can come back Hibiki. They won't attack you."

Hibiki might have felt fearful of the fox in the beginning, but now there was no way that he was going to stand next to you carrying a fox and a hawk. For the rest of the trip back to (v/n) he stayed 10 feet away.

**

We took the back entrance to the village and bought a lot of medical supplies. Well, Hibiki bought them without asking what was needed and now we have a small extra supply of things.

"Hey, (y/n) would you mind if I redid your hair?"

*stare *

"I promise that it will turn out well! I might not be good at other things, but I am at hair styling!"

I give him a short nod before turning towards the mirror and handing him a comb. He was careful of the few bandages around my neck and face, as well as making sure not to move the mask.

(insert mask reference.) pick one of these :)

"What kind of hair ornaments would you like? I have many for you to choose from

"What kind of hair ornaments would you like? I have many for you to choose from."

He takes out a roll of material and rolls it out in front of me, revealing many different types of hairpins and ornaments. They vary in size, design, color, and shape. There is one with waterfall-style flowers, silk bows, large flowers, birds. One catches my eye. A cloud hairpin, mint green in color. The one next to it, a hairclip designed with green pinwheels. (if you like you can make it a pale purple, I was just going for colors that have meaning for the character.)

"Just these will be fine, thank you."

"Alright, I hope this is to your liking!"

(insert hair reference)(you can change if you like) ( there is a small bandage to cover the star birthmark on the side of the face that the mask doesn't.) (Just change the hair decor with the ones stated.)

"It is wonderful, thank you very much Hibiki

"It is wonderful, thank you very much Hibiki."

"Alright!" He starts dancing in a circle before stopping and composing himself. "As a thank you for helping me I will show you around the village."

"Sure, but why don't you tell me about its history first?"

"Ooh, there is a great storytelling house that kids go to. Come on let's go, they should still be telling the story!"

He dragged me through the crowds, occasionally bumping into people. The building was large, decorated with banners, and painted with various landscapes. Hibiki pulled me inside and towards the center where there was an old man with his wife telling many people the history of the village. Surprisingly it wasn't only children here, adults and even the elderly showed up to listen.