Chapter 46

I had heard from some of the other musicians that Zenitsu made quite the name for himself within the first few minutes of infiltrating the brothel. Furiously playing an instrument as well as arguing with an orian. I had also heard talk about a silent beauty punching someone's customer.

[I wonder how long it will take someone to find out their gender and their real reason for being here. At least the musicians are loose-lipped, which makes gathering information easier.]

When we met on the rooftop as agreed I knew something was wrong. Tanjiro and Inosuke were already there and Uzui-san came after me, but Zenitsu was nowhere to be seen.

"Zenitsu is not coming."

"What do you mean Zenitsu isn't coming?" Tanjiro asked.

"I think I put you guys in terrible danger. The desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave mental error. Zenitsu's whereabouts are currently unknown. He stopped contacting me last night. You two get out of here, (y/n) and I will finish the mission You are too weak to face against an upper moon."

"Uzui-san-"

"Winners stay alive, don't be ashamed." With that Uzui-san left leaving me with the two boys.

"Hold it old man!"

"Sush Inosuke. You and Tanjiro can just go back to the butterfly mansion. Be safe on the way back, and I will make sure that we get Zenitsu back. I mean you can have your trio if you are missing a person." I give a quick smile before disappearing.

[The air last night felt stagnant and doesn't seem to have lightened much. The night is coming soon, I hope they left already. Time to see if my hunch was right.]

Last time when I worked here, I found it strange that a presence would be able to disappear quickly and also be undetectable. With the time I spent talking to other musicians I searched the houses for any signs of tunnels. I received a letter from Uzui-san saying he found one of his wives, and I went to search for the deepest part of the tunnels. Once I knew where I needed to go I went inside the nearest house and took a tunnel into the heart of the cave.

[I shouldn't even be surprised at this point at the stupid things they do.]

Breath of stars: Pisces

I take out one sword and attack the sash as Inosuke cuts the rest of it. People start to fall out of the fabric once it is separated. I jump towards the center where there are more people being held captive.

Breath of Galaxies: Quasar

Makio-san and Suma-san wake up and help Inosuke. The pieces of fabric flutter to the ground and I swiftly push them towards the other side of the cave. As I do that Zenitsu's consciousness awakes and he lands an attack making more of the sash fall to the ground. Before I went to attack, the ground above us started to crumble and Uzui-san fell through.

"Hey bastard god of festivities! The sash fled into the tunnels!"

"Actually they are only going to one place. I sealed off all of the tunnels and redirected them," I say while seating my sword and disappearing.

[I know where the sash is headed, and I can sense the presence the strongest around Tanjiro.]

I get there just in time to cut down the attack from the sash towards the buildings and Tanjiro. One ended up getting past me and wounding mine and Tanjiros' shoulders and injuring the man behind him.

"You! You're the woman he wants?! Someone as plain as you, so ugly!"

She sends her sash, which I now know is her body towards me and I duck underneath it and slash it multiple times the closer I get. I block the other sash before providing and cutting it.

[Breath of stars: Aries] I use the smoke as a diversion to get behind her and cut the sash protecting her back.

"Come out you bitch! I guess you being cheap tricks was true." She starts laughing crazily.

[Breath of stars: Taurus] I jump towards the demon and flip vertically, making a deep gash from the base of her neck to her ribs. He turns around missing me flying over her head and swipes at the cloud. Once my foot touches the roof I pivot and spin horizontally cutting her neck but something catches my eye and my attack doesn't go through.

"HAHA, You useless demon slayer," she says gleefully." You can't even-"

She stopped talking when Tanjiro cut all of her sashes after pinning them. I jump back from her next attack back towards Tanjiro.

"You are bleeding too much already Tanjiro. You went too far and your body can't handle it."

"I-I can keep going."

"I didn't stop you from coming to this roof because I didn't know how long you were fighting, but if you have already gone to such lengths you will die here tonight."

He pushed past me and just like I thought he crumbled down. I cut down the sash headed towards him when Nezuko came and started to fight the demon. Tanjiro is now completely passed out as I lay him on the roof and go evacuate the people in the area. Once I told everyone to get out of the buildings, I sensed the presence of the demon.

[Now there is two.]

Uzui-san and I meet up as we run into the building where Tanjiro and Nezuko are struggling in. I cut off her neck and Uzui went behind Tanjiro asking about Nezuko.

"Hey isn't that Kamado Nezuko? She's flamboyantly progressing into a demon. You made such a huge show in front of Oyakata-sama, and THIS is how it turns out?!!"

The female demon keeps muttering about the both of us and I look at Nezuko concerned about what to do.

"So annoying. I'm talking over here! Buzz off." Uzui turns around and looks at the female demon whose head hasn't fallen not has started to deteriorate."You're not an upper moon demon. You are way too weak to be the demon I am looking for."

[Smoething is wrong here. She should be deteriorating already. I know I sliced cleanly through her neck. I even went through the gap twice to make sure of it in case there was a thread holding it together.]

When her head finally falls off her body still doesn't disintegrate. She just sits there silently with her head in her hands.

"Uzui-san take care of the demon, I'll take care of Nezuko." I grab Nezuko from Tanjiro's arms and jump out of the window onto a nearby roof.