Chapter 40

Some music to set the mood. Also thank you for waiting for so long, I hope you like it.

I quickly go over to the window and let (c/n) fly into my room. She is clearly out of breath but pointing towards the door, so I quickly grab my sword and change clothes. I pay for the room and run in the direction that (c/n) is pointing towards. Once (c/n) was able to catch her breath I asked her to explain what was happening.

"Flame Hashira, Upper Demon 3! Caw! Injured friends, Caw!"

"Thank you for getting me, now hold on tight so I don't lose you."

I take my sword and use a breathing technique to increase speed. Breath of Galaxies: Merging galaxies.

In the distance, I see the train tracks and follow the direction that they are headed. As I follow the tracks, I can see that they were starting to get destroyed like something was trying to derail the train. (c/n) was able to move and I sent them ahead to see what the situation was, but I am sure that I already passed her. I can see smoke rising up ahead, and can see the train cars laying on the ground with people getting out. It seems like the battle has ended and they were able to defeat the demon, but the sinking feeling in my stomach didn't go away.

I continued to run past the train cars and the people to see what was happening further up. I see a massive flame ahead through the trees and feel air moving in a non-natural movement. I jump up to one of the taller trees to see if I can get a good view of what was happening. When I can finally lock on to where the fight was happening I saw Kyojuro bleeding from his head and a few other minor injuries. The demon that he was fighting was the line demon from before.

[What was it? Aza, Asauce, Azaza, Zaka]

In a split second, I saw the demon make a move and the world turned to glass. Everything slowed, and I pushed off the tree readying a breathing form.

Kyojuro Rengoku, a bright, cheerful, and strong man. Like a flame in the dark, he could light up your entire world, without you even knowing. Those fiery red eyes that hold his courageous spirit, the bright smile that he always wears. An amazing person who should not die of anything besides old age, not of illness, not of an accident, and most definitely not of a demon. As long as I am alive, I will not let someone that I can save have a chance of dying at the hand of a demon. Everyone should be able to live a full life and be happy until the end, not have to risk their lives every day for the sake of others. That is why I will not let you die tonight Kyojuro Rengoku.

Flashback ends, and change to Tanjiro's POV for a little bit.

Inosuke and I were watching the battle between upper moon three and Kyojuro. Both of us wanted to intercept, but we would only get in the way. Kyojuro caught his second wind and the dust that was in the air blocked our view of the result. Once the dust settled, we saw instead of Kyojuro having slain the demon, we saw a lady with the hand of the demon through her. In fact, Kyojuro was nowhere to be seen.

Your POV

"Please rest for a bit, till the Kakashi's are able to patch you up. Good job on saving everyone and fighting. You have done an amazing job so far, please let allow yourself to rest."

"(y/n), why?"

"No matter how indomitable your will is, we still are held back by physical limits. As a part of the demon slayers, we are tasked with killing demons to keep humanity alive. If you are to die here, we would lose a great deal of manpower when we finally kill him. You need to live a life, not just for helping others, but to help yourself so that others can rely on you. Right now you can rely on me by resting."

I place a cloth and wrap it around to keep it in place since the demon was able to pierce through the skin above the solar plexus. I also place a cloth over the side of his head that is injured. We land in front of Tanjiro and Inosuke with a small dust cloud obscuring their vision. I lay Kyojuro on the ground carefully before turning around and unsheathing my sword.

"It seems we meet again lines-san."

"Who said you could interrupt our fight, woman?" Akaza looks at me instead of the clone crumbling away. Well, the me that was there a few seconds ago.

Breath of Galaxies: Prominence Burst

I come from behind him while swinging my sword in the u-shape. He was able to dodge getting his neck attacked but ended getting a massive cut from shoulder to shoulder. Since he moved to the side, I land in front and turn around pointing my sword towards him.

"I did."

"Well then die you weak human with no fighting spirit."

Akaza gets into position to use his demon art but is cut off by being stabbed through the heart.

"Kukuku, where are you looking, I'm over here?"

He jumps up and turns around while sending a punch my way, but when the attack lands all he can see is my clone disappearing while smiling and waving bye.

Breath of stars: Capricorn

I jump from the cover of the trees and slice his arm off before launching off of the next tree. When his arms fell they quickly reattached themselves, but then one of his legs was sliced off. After that was his ear before he caught up to where I was coming from and sent an attack.

Destructive Death: Air type

I maneuver my sword in front of me, but I am thrown back by the force. I can feel a few splinters in my back as I stand up from the crushed tree. Akaza is before me and sending more punches my way. I dodge around a few and others I block with my sword, but I lose ground as I am always pushed back by them.

Destructive Death: Disorder

Breath of Galaxies: Universal End

His numerous attacks disappeared and we were left standing ready to continue fighting. We both push off and attack the other. I dodge a few of the punches and slice his arms either off or down the middle. I could feel some blood dripping down my neck and forehead.

"It looks like the sun will be rising soon, don't you think?"

"Now that I have a good look at you, you do have a fighting spirit. Although I was hoping it might be more instead of that puny thing. It seems your just smoke and illusions just as I thought."

"Who said that anything I do is just an illusion?" I walk slowly towards him and leave a clone in my place and walk from behind him.

"Why do you not think I'm real?" Another clone appears to his right.

"You and clearly feel me touching you, can you not?". I appear on his left and start walking around him in a circle. My after shadows followed, making him see me everywhere.(The thing Killula does, if you didn't the way I explained it.) It was a technique thing that I picked up in my travels, so I implemented it into my breathing style. Akaza didn't seem to know where to attack, so he went for the large-scale attack.

[Such a nice elderly man that lived on a mountain with his large family.]

Destructive Death: Eight-Layered Demon Core