Chapter 35

I won't be able to post anything next week because I have testing for multiple classes and fsa, but if I do have time I will make a sword information chapter on some things to know. As a sorry and thank you for continuing to read my book. I present to you the hashira in suits.(picture off pintrest)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear some grunting coming from Haganezuka as he punches Tanjiro repeatedly, and Tanjiro sits there like nothing is happening except shaking slightly from the force.

"I'm so happy that you are getting new swords. Your previous ones were terribly chipped."

Haganezuka stops punching Tanjiro and opts to start pulling his cheek."How do they feel in your hands? This is the first time forging swords for a dual wielder."

Inosuke only grunts and gets off the veranda. He walks to the small pond and starts throwing the rocks that surround the pond to the side. He raises his hand with a semi-large rock in it and hits his sword. He makes his new swords chipped like his last ones.

[So the chips were intentional?]

"I'm going to kill you brat!" Tanjiro and I hold him back as Kanamori tries to get a hold of Inosuke.

Inosuke looks at Kanamori for a second before going onto his other sword and making the same chip marks on them

"Bastard! That is it! You are a dead man!"

I had a little bit of trouble holding Kanamori back since my hand hurt, but Tanjiro looked like he really needed help.

***

"(l/n)-san, I have your swords."

I turn around and see Haganezuka kneeling behind me with a box in hand.

"I was only able to make one with the allotted time frame, but your second sword should be done in a short time."

"Thank you very much, but when were you given notice that I needed a new sword."

"The master had requested it a few weeks ago."

[You sly dog, you sent me on a mission so that my sword would break. I hope you know I will find a way out of being a hashira.]

*

Elsewhere in a building, a man with short black hair sneezed while deep in thought.

"Oyakata-sama, are you alright?!"

"Yes, she must have found out."

*

"Quickly, open it! What color sword will you present?!"

I open the box and pick up the sword.

[The sword is so light, I like it.]

I take the sword out of its sheath and hold it horizontally to see what color decides to show up. At the hilt I see a dark blue start to form but as it goes up the sword a variation of blue to purple and back to blue. After the colors show up than small white dots form.

(I think I messed up where the color is supposed to be, so we r just gonna say that she has a special sword. There is also going to be a separate chapter explaining some things abt the sword.)

"It WHAT!" Haganezuka starts shaking my shoulders back and forth very fast

"What is wrong?"

"Y-You, YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A RED SWORD!"

"Sorry I guess, but why would I have a red sword?"

"I don't care, I really wanted to see one!"

"Well, I hope that you do one day. Thank you for forging my sword, it is very beautiful."

***

Throughout the course of a week or two, I was able to stay in the Butterfly estate and watch as the three slayers continued with their training. I watched as Tanjiro was able to catch Kano, as well as beat her in the tea game. After Zenitsu and Inosuke saw what he was able to accomplish, they trained even harder.

[Since his training is complete, it would be best for me to start teaching him.]

I sat on top of the roof looking at the sky when I hear the familiar sound of (c/n).

"Caw. Master, you have another mission."

"I was wondering where you went (c/n). I am guessing that you told the master what had happened even though I told you my preferences."

"Caw. No! I was forced to.Caw."

"And how is that? Were you not on the roof of a building far away from me?"

"There was another crow who saw what happened. Caw."

[So that is where Gyo-kun's crow was.]

"Alright, I understand now. It is nice to see you again."

"Caw. Are you mad at me? Caw."

I turn to look at (c/n) and see that she was crying. I carefully picked her up and placed her on my lap as I pet her."

"No, I understand what had happened. Even though the outcome is not what I wanted, I understand what had happened and why that reasoning came to be. You did a good job."

We stayed like that for a little bit, until she stopped crying. (s/n) was also there and was curled around my hand like he was also crying. Since I can't understand him, I just pet him as I did with (c/n). The sun had gone down and the moon was starting to rise behind the clouds.

"We can catch up more on the way to the mission."

***

I was running in the terrain while following (c/n) as she leads the way to the place where the demon is supposed to be. (c/n) asked me to tell her what had happened in the time that we were apart

Flashback

It was the day after we had gotten our new swords and the day that I returned back to the Butterfly Estate. I had just finished taking a shower, and I was wrapping my hand up, just to be on the cautious side. Tanjiro had walked in when I was about to spray my hand with a perfume that smelled like cherry blossoms.

"Nani Nani?"

"Hm. It is a perfume."

"Why do you always wear one?"

"Because of the way I smell."

"You don't smell (y/n)-chan. Who said that to you?"

"Hahaha. I don't mean that type of smell. I meant the smell of my blood."

"Blood? What is wrong with it?"

"Here, let me wash it off, and you will see."

I rinse my hand with soap and water and walk back to the room. I place my hand under Tanjiros nose and say " smell."

Sniff Sniff

"What? It smells sweet?! How?"