Ready, Set, ACTION!

Day of the Sports Festival

Izuku stood amongst the crowd of his classmates, all of them anxiously waiting for Present Mic to call the group out of the waiting room. This was their big chance to get a hero agency to notice them for internships, and none of them wanted to mess it up. After all, they'd only get this chance three times.

Izuku definetly wasn't nervous. Nope, not at all. His hands definetly weren't shaking for his nerves, One for All buzzing under his skin as if there was potential danger. Definetly not.

.... Yeah, Izuku was not a convincing liar.

He stamped down One for All, he didn't want to use either of his quirks too much. While he had made quite a bit of improvement, his control over One for All wasn't the best, and he didn't want anyone to get hurt from his quirks.

"First up, meet the class who went through a villain attack and survived!!! Class 1-A!!!" Present Mic's voice rang out. That was their cue!

The door opened mechanically, and the group of students walked out, cheers coming from the stands. That was a lot of people....

Izuku only got more nervous, all of those people were going to be watching him, judging him... He shoved down the thought, he needed to focus!! This is what heroes did all the time...!

Yeah... yeah, he could do this.... Hopefully.

"Next up, the other hero course, Class 1-B!!" Present Mic shouted, and another door opened, allowing the class to walk out.

"Followed by the General studies, buisness course, and support course, Classes 1-C through K!!"

Izuku frowned, how come the hero classes got indvidual introductions, but the others didn't? Then again, most things were pretty hero-centric, so he supposed it made sense.

Within the crowd of general studies students, he spotted a tuff of lavander hair. Oh yeah, that's the guy who I wanted to talk to but never got the chance!!

He waved subtly, although the purple haired boy either didn't notice, or didn't care. Well, hopefully he'd get the chance to talk to him later..

All of the students approached the central stage, which Midnight stood ontop of. "Are you ready? I hope so, because it's time for the first event!! It's pretty simple, really! It's an obstacle course, and you can do whatever you'd like as long as you stay within bounds!!! Anything goes!! Now go, get to the starting line!!!"

The students were ushered into a new room, narrow and long, with incredibly tall walls. It was cramped, and Izuku felt more than a bit nervous with so many unfamilliar people being so close to him. He tried his best not to touch anyone, but it was a bit difficult with how many people there were.

"GO!!" Present Mic called out, and almost as soon as he did, ice began snaking across the floor, freezing everyone down. One for All spread throughout his body, the green electricity bouncing of his skin, and he jumped, touching down on the ceiling of the room.

Before gravity could take hold of him, he launched off of the roof, leaving a small dent. He ricocheted forwards, towards the entrance to the tracks. He landed in a sloppy roll, accidentally bruising his elbow in the process. He shook off the pain as he stood up, hastily looking behind him. Most of the other contestants were trapped, and as much as he wanted to help, he knew that this was supposed to be a competition, and unlike the entrance exam, there wouldn't be any rescue points. He mouthed 'sorry' to the group, before deactivating One for All and turning to run.

The floor was coated in ice from Todoroki's quirk, causing him to slip many times, although he just barely managed to catch his balance most of the time.

He could just barely see Todoroki, Bakugou, and Iida in the distance, and he could hear that some of the other contestants were catching up.

That was fine, he didn't need to be first. He just needed to place high enough to get to the next event.

He continued running, up until he found himself standing face to face with a hoard of zero-pointers from the entrance exam.

Okay, he could do this, he fought one of them before...

He broke his arm and both his legs...

No, he had better control over One for All now, he'd be fine. Hopefully.

Before he could do anything, though, Todoroki froze the robots mid-step. That made things a lot easier. Except.....

"EVERYONE, GET BACK!!!" Izuku shouted, seeing the way that the robots were tipping. The other students complied, probably scared of what he would do if they didn't listen. Well, other than Bakugou, who was already flying over the robots with his explosions.

And sure enough, the robots came tumbling down where they once stood.

"Thanks for warning us, man!" Kirishima called out as he ran past, and Izuku started running after him.

Soon enough, they made it to the next obstacle.

Holy shit that is a big trench..

A/N

Hahaha cliffhangers are f u n