Maybe Then I'll Be Of Use

9 days till sports festival (skipped Friday)

Izuku felt extremely excited, staring up at the glass building known as UA. Normally, he wouldn't be there, as it was Saturday. However, he now had extra classes, to help him with his quirks. All Might admitably hadn't been to good of a mentor, when it came to learning how to use One For All. Actually, scratch that. All Might was a horrible teacher in general. Of course, Izuku would never say something like that, he looked up to All Might a bit too much.

Anyway, the goofy grin across Izuku's face was probably the brightest and most geniune smile he'd had in a while. He had to restrain himself from cheering out in pure happiness.

He stepped forwards, approaching the building.

Izuku glanced around, trying to see if anyone else was visible. He didn't know whether Aizawa would be teaching him in his extra classes, or a different teacher. It would make sense for Aizawa to be teaching him, in case his quirks got out of control. But, he couldn't be sure. It could easily be someone like All Might, who knew about both of his quirks. After all, both All For One and One For All had been kept a secret from the public for a while now. Or maybe all of the teachers..? No, that wasn't likely, most of the teachers were pro heroes, and would have to go on patrols. But maybe more than one teacher.. Maybe Midnight-Sensei? If he got out of control for whatever reason, she could use her quirk to calm him down. Possibly Cemetoss? He could use his cement to-

"Ah.. Young Midoriya... You know, that mumbling habit of yours is rather creepy.." he heard a familiar voice say, and he looked up to see both All Might and Aizawa. He rubbed the back of his head, saying "Oh, sorry All Might.... I'm just really excited!" The large smile remained on his face, rivaling even All Might's smile.

"I can see that...."

"You do need to work on that, Problem Child. It could give important information to the enemy." Aizawa stated, and Izuku nodded, "got it, Aizawa-Sensei."

"Well uhm, let's start the quirk training." All Might said awkwardly, and Izuku nodded at a rapid pace. Aizawa was worried his neck would break. It wouldn't surprise him, with how much the Problem Child broke himself.

Aizawa and All Might led Izuku to Gym Gamma, presumably where he'd be training his quirk. Izuku was incredibly bouncy on the way there, smiling brightly. Aizawa almost wondered if the Problem Child was trying to blind him.

+++++

Izuku was exhausted. While they had tried to aviod it, he had inevitably broken a few bones before Aizawa had pointed out that putting to much energy in one area was probably part of the problem. He would've pointed it out sooner if he had thought of it beforehand. Of course, Izuku was drained of energy after being healed by Recovery Girl. She wasn't all that happy about it, either.

"You should go home, Problem Child." Aizawa stated, much too Izuku's dismay. "B-but.. There's s-still at least 20 minutes l-left before I'm s-supposed to leave!!" Izuku said, yawning.

"Yeah, well you need rest. We can work on it more on Monday, got it? You need to take care of yourself." Aizawa said, pinching the bridge of his nose. Izuku shook his head, "no, no I'm fine!! I can..." he yawned again, "I can continue!"

Aizawa groaned, "no you can't. Go back home and get some sleep. We both know that Recovery Girl's quirk drains your enegry."

"Well, yeah, but-" Izuku was cut off by Aizawa, "no buts. I'll call your mother to come pick you up if you don't go home."

Izuku nodded. His mom was scary when she was mad. He turned away, and called out "bye Aizawa-Sensei!! Bye All Might!!" before walking away.

No one else was on the streets, as most people were either sleeping in, or at work. That was good. While he had quickly grown used to the feeling of fearful glares on his back, it was refreshing to be out and about without everyone around him worrying that he would lash out for no reason. No matter how much he tried, he could never wrap his head around it. Why did everyone always think he would attack them? He was a student in UA's hero course, the best hero course ever! So why would he be trying to harm anyone?

He shook his head. It didn't matter, whether they liked it or not, he was going to become a hero!!

He approached the apartment door, and opened it up, poking his head in. "Mom? Sorry, I'm home a bit early..." He called, yawning softly.

"Oh, hello Izuku! Aren't you supposed to be gone for another 14 minutes?" Inko asked. Izuku blinked in surprise. Had it really taken him 6 minutes to walk home?

"Yeah... *yawn* 'Zawa-Sensei wanted me to come home early... he said I need to sleep..." Izuku mumbled, feeling drawn to the couch. All the cusions and pillows looked so comfy and soft.. all he needed was a nice, warm blanket...

He didn't notice that he was swaying slightly, although Inko did. She led Izuku to the couch, and lowered him down. "I think I agree with your teacher, sweetie.. Stay here, okay?"

She walked off to his room, and took his blanket off the bed. He used to have an All Might themed blanket, but during his first year of middle school, he had asked for a softer, more fluffy one. She wasn't sure why exactly, he still loved All Might, but he had become much more... cuddly, for some reason. She didn't mind it, of course, as long as he was happy.

Izuku looked at her blerily when she reentered the room, holding his blanket in her arms. She drapped it over him, covering all but his face. He snuggled into it, humming with content. Just as she was about to walk away, she heard him mumbling something. "What was that, sweetie?" she quetioned, turning back to face him.

"Cuddles..?" Izuku tried again, this time louder. Inko nodded, and sat down next to her son. He leaned onto her, and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. His eyes fluttered shut, and soft snores left his parted mouth.

This was the easiest way to get him to sleep anymore. At this point, there wasn't much point in him having a bed, as he almost always fell asleep cuddled up on the couch.

Inko was okay with that. If this new trait of his made him happy, so be it.

A/N

Yep. Izu is a snuggly lil boyo.