Just Let Go Already

6 days till the Sports Festival

Izuku did not want to go to school that day. Well, yeah, he wanted to keep training to be a hero, but actually going to school? Not so much.

For starters, he could only imagine Bakugou's anger at what Izuku had done during training the day before. And then there was the fact that the whole school had probably heard about it by now, meaning more uncomfortable, fearful stares, that made him feel more and more like some kind of villain. Not to mention how disappointed his teachers probably were...

He had woken up on the couch, wrapped up in his blanket as usual. He gave a small groan, not wanting to move from his current position.

However, he didn't want to disappoint everyone further by skipping school....

Izuku sighed, pulling his blanket off. He went to his room, and got dressed into his school uniform. He didn't even send a glance towards the tie, knowing that he would tie it wrong. He didn't want to look silly and embarass himself more.

He tried his best to tame his hair, but eventually gave up on the futile attempt.

Walking into the kitchen, he found that he didn't have much of an appitite. He choose to just grab a granola bar and eat it on the way.

The moment he put on foot out the door, he felt as if the whole entire world was watching him, judging him. He had to fight the urge to simply run back inside the house.

Izuku tried to distract himself by eating the granola bar, but soon found that he felt he couldn't eat it, for some unknown reason.

He contemplated whether or not he should force himself to eat it, knowing full and well that he needed to eat breakfast. But as stress levels rised within him due to the feeling of eyes on him, the damned thing seemed less and less appitizing.

He dropped his arms to his sides, the granola bar slipping out of his grip and landing on the sidewalk. He didn't feel to bothered to pick it up, far too nervous about being in public longer than nessicary.

His body started to feel cold, and his throat slowly began to close up once more. Well, it felt like it was closing up, anyways. He pulled his arms up, rubbing his shoulders as his body shivered.

Izuku could see UA in the distance now, and suddenly felt even more nervous. What if Aizawa got mad at him because he wasn't cooperating during extra training? What if Kirishima no longer wanted to be his friend because he took Bakugou's quirk? Izuku knew that the two of them were somewhat close...

He didn't want to lose them!! They were practically the only good in his life anymore, apart from his mom! Izuku wasn't sure he could deal with that kind of thing..

He tried to push down his rising anxieties, but to no avail. He began scratching at his shoulders unconsiously, as his eyes darted around, trying to locate either Aizawa or Kirishima. He needed to make sure that they still cared about him, that they didn't hate him, because as selfish as it was, Izuku had become incredibly attached to the happiness they provided him with.

The choking feeling in his throat only increased, and he continuously swallowed his spit, trying to get rid of it. Key word is "trying".

Eventually, he spotted the familliar red hair of Kirishima, and found himself walking in that direction.

Izuku tapped Kirishima's arm nervously, and the taller boy turned to look at him, "Oh, hey Midoribro!!" Kirishima gave a toothy grin, to which Izuku could only respond, "hi Kirishima..."

Kirishima seemed to notice that something was up, as he said, "Midoribro? You okay buddy?" Izuku nodded slowly, before wrapping his arms around Kirishima's arm. "You-you still wanna be my friend, right Kiri-kun? R-right?"

The redhead looked surprised by how Izuku was acting, which only added to Izuku's nerves. What if that ment something bad?

"Well... yeah, why wouldn't I? You sure you're alright? We can go see Hound-Dog if you need too, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.." Kirishima said, and Izuku quickly shook his head, pulling his arms away, "no, no, no, I-I'm fine.."

"Okay..."

+++++

Classes went by the same as normal, and soon enough, it was the end of the day. Just like the day before, All Might and Aizawa couldn't get Izuku to use All for One during the extra classes.

At least Izuku had confirmed that Kirishima and Aizawa both cared for him still..

A/N

Did I write this whole thing in one day? Yes, yes I did. Do I regret it? Nope.