I'm Just Your Problem...

8 days till the Sports Festival

Quick A/N, the bathroom is one of those unisex ones. Just for clarification.

"Problem child? You in there?" called out a gruff voice.

THUD THUD THUD!!!

Izuku didn't respond, not wanting to be found in there. He knew it was Aizawa, he could recognize his voice, but he was so, so, terrified right now. What if Aizawa blamed him for the play-fight, thinking it was real? What if he got mad and abandoned Izuku, like everyone else? What if Izuku was being an inconvenience to him? What if-

"Midoriya." Shoot, he was mumbling again.. "I'm not going to blame you for anything, alright? And you aren't an inconevience for anyone."

He's lying... He's probably really angry at me right now...! Stupid, worthless, Deku!! I'm so selfish, wasting everyone's time like this...!!

He clawed at his head, trying to get all of the negative thought to leave. The tears were forced to spill, and soon enough his shivering increased to a violent quake. His breathing was extremely fast, racked with hiccups and sobs.

"Izuku, sweetie.." His mother.. She sounded so... so worried..!

Look, now your worrying her!! You'll never be a hero!! Your just a fuck up that shouldn't exist!!!

"Can you do me a favour, and name 5 things you can see?" Inko asked. Izuku paused, why did she need him to do that..? It didn't matter, he was already wasting their time as it was, he might as well comply to her request. He searched the stall, "Uhm... The wall... tiles on-on the floor.... the toilet... a roll of-of toilet paper.. and.... and... and..."

Thud! Thud! Thud!!

He glanced down, "And my shoes!!"

"Okay, good. Now, can you tell my four things you can feel?" She asked. Once again, Izuku was confused by the request, but complied anyway. "The stall door..... The floor... My-my clothes... and.. and scratching on-on my head..."

"Alright, what about three things you can hear?" Her voice was soothing, although he could still hear worry in it.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

"I.... I can hear you... uhm.... water hitting the floor.. and.. and thudding..." He said, sobs and hicups slowly decreasing. "How about two things you can smell?"

He sniffed the air, and said, "Soap, and.. and salt..."

Thud... thud... thud..

"Okay, one thing you can taste?"

Nothing.

He didn't taste anything. He didn't want to disappoint her though. He started unconsciously nibbling on his lip.

"Blood. I taste blood.."

The thudding stopped, and he wiped away his tears, still shaking slightly. "Are you ready to come out now?" Inko asked softly. Izuku paused, before whispering, "Yeah, okay...."

He stood up, and unlocked the stall door. Inko had a worried expression on her face, and while Aizawa seemed as netrual as ever, his expression seemed softer than usual. Inko rushed over and hugged him in an instant. Izuku melted into the touch easily, returning the hug. It was a comforting feeling, and any of his negative thoughts left had dispersed.

"I'm sorry I worried you.." Izuku mumbled, and Inko ruffled his hair, "It's okay. There's no need for you to apologize."

"Do you want to go home?" She asked, once they seperated. Izuku nodded, and Inko then said, "Alright, go say goodbye too your freinds, okay? I'll be waiting in the car."

Izuku nodded once again, and walked out of the bathroom, searching for the group.

+++++

Izuku had a rough time sleeping that night. He had made an attempt to fall asleep in his bed rather than snuggled up on the couch like usual, not wanting to inconvenience his mom.

He ended up having a series of nightmares, most of them either being of his old middleschool days, or of him becoming a villain.

At some point, he had stopped trying to get a peaceful good nights sleep, and just lay awake in his bed.

He was so, so very scared by the dreams... He hated it, always being so scared and vunerable. Heroes weren't supposed to get scared so easily!!

He sighed, staring at the ceiling. How did he expect to be a hero? He was just a weak, scared little kid with two dangerous quirks. That's all he was. But, despite that, he still desperately wanted to be able to help people. He wanted to be a beacon of hope, like All Might!!

All Might...

He was the successor of All Might himself. Yet, why did he feel so.. odd, around the hero? He felt as if he shouldn't be there when All Might was around. As if he didn't belong there. Why? Wasn't his mentor supposed to make him feel safe? Izuku wasn't entirely sure. After all, his teachers back in middle school did nothing to help him when he was being bullied.

But Aizawa stopped them...

It didn't make any sense to Izuku.

Whatever...

He got out of his bed, and went over to his desk with his analysis notebook. If he was awake, might as well do something useful.