Interlude

Izuku slowly woke up, instantly recognizing his surroundings as Recovery Girl's office. He'd been there so often he'd be surprised if he hadn't recognized it. Although, why was he here again?

Oh, right, he fainted after winning the first round....

Wait, he won the first round?!

He abruptly sat up at the revelation, the idea still coming as a shock to him. He'd actually won? Was that just a dream or something?

"It wasn't a dream, dearie." Recovery Girl said from besides him. "Oh.... Was... was I muttering again?"

Recovery Girl simply nodded, "I just need to check up on your vitals and make sure you're okay, and then you'll be good to go."

They were done before too long, Izuku being well used to the routine by now. As she had said, Izuku was free too go once she finished his check up.

So, here he was, walking to the waiting room. It would be a bit longer until they announced the second event, in order to give him a bit more time to recover from fainting. Which, wow, he seriously fainted over that? Actually, no, that wasn't surprising....

He found himself staring at the oversized door, nervously reaching for the doorknob. From what he'd heard, everyone who had passed the first round was in there. Meaning 39 other people.

All of class 1-A had passed, along with most of class 1-B, a support student, and a general studies student who might be the boy Izuku wanted to talk to.

With a slight sigh, Izuku opened the door up, hearing the chatter coming from inside stop abruptly. Most of them went back to their conversations pretty quickly, though, luckily for Izuku.

Kirishima ran up to him, and engulfed him in a hug, "Midoribro, you're okay!!! Man, I was so worried, you know!! You just fainted on the spot, it was pretty scary."

"I-I'm sorry I worried you..." Izuku mumbled, leaning into his hug. Kirishima ruffled his hair, "Don't apologize, man! It's not your fault that you fainted!"

He only nodded, a shaky smile making it's way onto his face. No matter how many times he showed it, Izuku was always a bit surprised that Kirishima actually cared about him.

Izuku reluctantly pulled away from the hug when he heard a monotone voice say, "Midoriya-san."

He turned around, to meet the blue and gray eyes of Todoroki. "O-Oh, h-hi T-Todoroki-san!!" Izuku responded, smiling nervously. While Todoroki didn't really treat him any differently, the two still didn't interact much, so Izuku wasn't really sure what to expect from him.

"Other than me, you are the most powerful person here." Todoroki stated, as if it was an obvious fact. Izuku opened his mouth to try and deny it, but Todoroki continued before he could say anything, "That means that I have to beat you. Do your best."

With that, Todoroki walked away, leaving both Izuku and Kirishima confused. "K-Kirishima-kun...? Was.... was that some sort of declaration of war...?"

Kirishima shrugged, "Sounded like it.. Don't worry about it though, Midoribro! I'm sure he's just after some friendly compitition or somethin'!"

"Y-yeah, I guess..."

++++++

The 40 remaining students now stood around Midnight's podium, waiting for her to explain the second round.

"Alright, kids, listen up!" Midnight said, cracking her whip. Any conversation that might've been happening ceased, and all eyes were focused on the heroine in an instant.

"The next event is called Search and Elimanate!! For this round, each of you will be given a target that you must place somewhere on your body. It must be somewhere visible, though, so you can't put it on the soles of your feet or your underarms. Now, I'm sure you're wondering what these targets are for!! If you tap someone's target, they'll be eliminated!! Anything is allowed, as long as you leave once you are eliminated, stay in the bounds, and try not to fatally injure anyone! The last 16 standing will move on to the one on one battles!!! Oh, and, you'll all be in Ground Omega!!"

Oh. That wasn't too bad. Izuku could handle that, hopefully....

(The purple haired boy hid a smirk under his hands. This would be easy.)

A/N

Haha! I changed the second round this time!!

Sorry that the chapter is a little short, but I want to wait until next chapter to actually start the second round.