But I Didn't Do Anything

13 days till sports festival

The rest of class went by in a blur, and soon, Izuku found himself walking to the cafeteria.

He sighed miserably under the gazes of the other students. It made him feel small, and he tried to avoid making eye contact. He just wished they would just ignore him, but they had to avoid him like he had the plauge.

Not that he really blamed them. Izuku had the abillity to take away their best defenses.

Why'd All Might have to say something about it on the news?

Whatever, there was no changing what had already been done.

He opened the cafeteria door slowly, trying to avoid gaining more attention.

Emerald eyes scanned the room, before landing on an empty table. Lucky him, he already knew his friends wouldn't let him sit with them, and everyone else would be too scared to let him.

He made a beeline for the table, and sat down at it, ignoring the terrified gazes he was getting. Well, not ignoring, he just didn't respond.

He could feel the piercing stares on his back, as he ate his food, trying to appear smaller.

It was delicious as usual, seeing as Lunch Rush had made it, but his rising anxieties were killing his appetite, as he shoved the plate away. He placed his head down in his folded arms, wishing that he had a hoodie to cover his iconic green hair. Then again, his shoes stood out as well, and he didn't want to drop them. They were his favorite.

He covered his now pointed ears with his hands, not wanting to hear the whispers about him coming from surrounding tables. Couldn't they find something else to talk about?

No, of course not. Why would the universe allow for something like that? He wanted a break from it all, but being a hero was more important than his selfish wants, right? Taking a break would mean someone else could get hurt because he failed to be a hero.

Plus, if he did something selfish, he would end up like All For One, wouldn't he?

His arms fell back to the table as he sighed in defeat. Covering his ears never actually blocked out sound. He burried his face in his arms, as tears stared dripping down freckled cheeks.

Silly Izuku, now everyone in school can see you cry..

So..? They'll hate me either way, so what's the point in trying to hide.... especially when your such a crybaby.

He held back hiccups and sobs, not wanting to distract anyone from eating lunch. Izuku really wished he was at home with mom right now... Mom cared, even when his quirks were revealed to the world.

He probably had the best mom out there, but he didn't deserve her. She shouldn't have to take care of a dissappointment like him. Especially not all by herself. Izuku wasn't dumb, he could see how stressed she was, having to work multiple jobs to take care of him, and to top that off, she had to deal with his problems at school.

He was trembling from holding back sobs, and wiped away the stream of tears with the sleeve of his blazer. Izuku could hear someone approaching his table, and lifted his eyes slightly.

Kirishima was appproaching him, with a worried look upon his face. "Hey Midoribro.. Sorry I couldn't get them to stop." Kirishima said, and Izuku shook his head, "it's fine..."

He placed his head back in his arms. "Aren't you gonna eat something?" Kirishima asked, and Izuku just said "I don't have an appetite... I'll eat when I go home"

"That's not really healthy." Kirishima stated, and Izuku just nodded. "I know...."

Kirishima sat down in a seat at the table. "Sorry I took your quirk yesterday, Kirishima.... I didn't mean to.." Izuku mumbled, still feeling guilty for what had happened. Kirishima chuckled, "It's fine, Midoribro!! I know you didn't mean it, your quirk had just manifested!"

"Well, yeah, but still... I-I hurt you, a-and that's n-not what heros a-are supposed to d-do.." Izuku whimpered, causing for the glares on his back to intensify. It made the boy want to curl himself up in a tiny ball of protection, but he couldn't do that. That would be selfish, and he didn't want to be selfish. Being selfish might make him end up like his father. He didn't like that thought.

"You didn't hurt me, Midoribro!" Kirishima reasured, patting his back. He leaned into the touch subconsiously. "Uhhh.... Midoribro?" Kirishima said, clearly confused.

Izuku shook his head, pulling away. "I'm s-sorry, I-I shouldn't have d-done that..."

He didn't say how selfish it was of him to do that. It would only worry Kirishima.

"You didn't do anything wrong..?" Kirishima seemed confused.

"It's nothing.."

+++++

Izuku walked home, with his stomache growling at him. He really should've just eaten lunch.

Too late now..

Even as he walked to the one place he really felt safe, he could feel fearful glances on his back. Whenever he tried to see who was looking at him, though, everyone turned away, not wanting to aggravate someone as dangerous as him.

It hurt, having people be scared to so much as look at him. He wanted to make people feel safe, not in fear for their lives!

It felt as if his throat was closing in on itself, and his lungs felt all light and jittery. He wasn't entirely sure what it was, but he had grown used to it. He had been getting that feeling ever since he had been wrongly diagnosed as quirkless.

He wanted to grab onto something, to keep him safe and protected, bring him comfort, but he had nothing to do so. And asking for something like that would be selfish.

So, he could just live with this uncomfortable feeling. It was nothing new, after all.

Izuku shuddered under their stares, it felt hard to breath, but he knew his mind was tricking him. He would be fine, Izuku just had to get home, away from the piercing gazes of the crowd of people. Then his anxities would go down, and he'd be fine again.

He started walking to the apartment faster, and collapsed into his mom's open arms when he got in.

A/N

Kiri is still a good boi!!