I'll Just Hide Away

11 days til the sports festival

Izuku walked to school like he would any other day, his notebook in hand. He was muttering to himself as he took notes, earning him more looks of fear than normal. He didn't notice, though, as he was too busy analyzing Kamuii Wood's most recent fight. It was amazing, how his constantly racing mind was so easily distracted by something as simple as quirks. He chose to ignore the nagging part of his mind that kept telling him that his analysis was so that he could easily use stolen quirks with little to no training.

Izuku had decided to just walk to school that day, in order to avoid a large group of people. He didn't like being around so many people, with the way they all treated him.

He approached the large, intimidating building, and felt his body begin to tremble. Izuku had quickly become terrified of the place that he once could only dream of going to. It felt as if not having to go there anymore would spare him all of his anxious and hurtful thoughts, and all the glares of disgust that sent shivers down his back. He wrapped his arms around his own body, as if he were trying to hugs himself. And boy did he wish he could hug something or someone.

Despite how warm it was, he shivered greatly at the sight of UA. He could feel his throat tightening, making it harder for him to breathe. He gasped for air, his breathing becoming rapid and shaky. Hot tears stung at his eyes, as he desperatly tried to hold them back.

"No....no....no, I-I c-can't...... w-wanna g-go h-h-home...... s-safe....." He mumbled, his voice cracking inconsistently as he spoke. Tears began flowing down his face, as people parted around him, not wanting to go near him. He whimpered misserably, as he continued mumbling words to himself, rubbing his sides with purple-tinted fingers. He couldn't see properly, his tears blurred his vision completely. His ear seemed to ring with insults and names.

Stupid

Weak

Worthless

Ugly

Freak

Monster

Nerd

Villain kid

Deku

Go die

Just kill yourself

No one wants you

You'll never be a hero!!

"S-stop... s-stop it... p-please... h-h-h-hurts....." Izuku said, desperatly trying to get the nagging thoughts to leave him alone.

He felt something warm and strong wrap around him gently. It made him feel protected and safe, like no one could harm him.

He felt a warm presence in front of him, and he slowly unlatched his arms from himself, instead choosing to clutch onto the warmth. Something was rubbing circles on his back, calming him down.

"Hey, Problem Child.. It's okay.." he heard a gruff voice say, which he could recognize as Aizawa. His voice was lowered, and didn't hold it's usual, tired tone, instead sounding soft and soothing. Izuku pressed closer, burying his face in Aizawa's capture scarf, soaking it with his tears.

"I-I'm sorry.. I'm j-just i-inconvenicing y-you... I-I sh-shouldn't j-just b-be c-crying a-at n-nothing like this..." Izuku said through his sobs. Aizawa continued rubbing circles on his back, "It's okay to be sad, you know. It's not your fault."

Izuku didn't speak further, continuing to cry. Aizawa didn't seem to mind it. Eventually, his sobs lowered down to sniffs, and Izuku pulled away, even though he wanted to stay under the protection of Aizawa's hug. He knew that they had to go to class. "Th-thanks Aizawa-sensei..."

"You feeling better enough to go to class? If you need to, you can sit out. I can give you notes after class if you need to." Aizawa said, but Izuku shook his head, "thanks, but I'm fine now.. besides, it would be unfair if I got special treatment..."

Aizawa nodded, grunting. He walked Izuku back to class with him, keeping the greenette from having another freak out. Izuku felt bad, he didn't want to be a bother to his teacher.

When they got to the classroom, everyone was mumbling about why Aizawa wasn't there, or why Izuku was so late. They instantly froze up when student and teacher walked into the room, Izuku a nervous wreck as he walked to his seat.

Tears still stained his cheeks, but no one seemed to care. That was good, Izuku didn't want people to be worried for him. Then he would only get in the way. He didn't want to be a problem for everyone, if he did that, then it would make him selfish. Being selfish would make him end up like his father.

Izuku rubbed his eyes, focusing his attention on the leason. He could deal with his thoughts later, right now he needed to train to be a hero.

Izuku wanted to help people. That was why he kept going.

Who knew what would've happened if he didn't have the determination to continue?

Izuku didn't like that thought.

+++++

Izuku packed his notebooks up into his yellow backpack, ready to go home. Just as he was about to head out the classroom, a firm hand grabbed his shoulder.

He turned around, only to see Aizawa. "Problem Child. I need to talk to you, okay?"

Izuku tilted his head slightly, and nodded. "Is this about what happened earlier?" Aizawa shook his head, "no, but I do want to talk to you about that later"

"Since you only got your quirks recently, you have a hard time controling them, correct?" Aizawa said, raising an eyebrow.

Izuku nodded, and Aizawa continued, "most of your classmates have had their quirks for around 11 years, so they have good control over them. I dicussed it with Nezu, and we decided that, if your mom is okay with it, you can have optional classes to train your quirks better. What do you think?"

"Uhmm.... yeah, okay.. I-I'll talk to Mom about it.."

And with that, Izuku left, to go back to his mom and their small apartment.

A/N

Dadzawa!!

Izuku's extra quirk training will happen after school days, and on Saturdays. I'm using the school week I'm familiar with, so Izuku will be the only student there on Saturday, and his extra classes will last from a half hour to an hour.

Bye!!