Watching From the Sidelines

Izuku barely managed to get back to the stadium before Todoroki and Iida's match started.

If he was being honest, he was sort of rooting for Todoroki. It was weird, because before he got All for One, Iida had been his friend, and Todoroki hadn't been his friend.

Except, when he got All for One, Todoroki's treatment of him hadn't changed, but Iida's had. And after what had happened only a few minutes ago... he wasn't sure what he'd call it, but their relationship had changed.

As soon as the match started, it was over. Todoroki covered the ground in ice, and while Iida tried to avoid it, he ended up getting stuck in the ice and eliminated.

It wasn't as overkill as when he did it with Mei, though, so Izuku thought that maybe he was in a better mood now.

That, or he didn't want to use up all his energy.

After they had cleared away the ice, it was time for the semi-finals.

The first match was between Kirishima and Shiozaki. As soon as the match started, Kirishima hardened at the same time Shiozaki shot her vines out at him. She attempted to trap him in the vines, but he cut through them with his hardened arms, charging forward.

Kirishima managed to push her back, out of the boundry lines, moving on to the finals.

After that, was Todoroki's match with Yaoyorozu.

Yaoyorozu tried to make a flamethrower, but Todoroki froze her before she could, moving on to the finals.

There was a waiting period after that, and Izuku didn't want to just sit there anymore. Not when he was still holding onto Kacchan's quirk when he really shouldn't have it at all. Not when he could be going to find Shinsou to talk to him.

While he didn't really want to deal with the mess that would be returning Kacchan's quirk, the longer he waited, the more likely it was that he'd just end up keeping it, and he didn't want that. The would ruin Kacchan's chances of being a hero, and it would make him a villain - well, more than he already was, anyway.

Plus, now that he knew which classroom Shinsou was in, he could talk to the purple haired boy whenever he wanted too. And honestly, Izuku couldn't even remember why he had wanted to talk to Shinsou. Wasn't it because of his quirk?

Either way, the best choice would be to give Kacchan his quirk back now instead of waiting. Even if he wasn't looking forward to the after math of doing so.

He shuffled through the stands, looking around to see if he could find Kacchan.

Kacchan... wasn't there. Four seats out of the twenty seats were empty. One of the empty seats was his, one was Kirishima's, and one was Todoroki's.

So that meant the fourth one was probably Kacchan's, which meant he had no idea where the blond could be. Now that he thought about it, it was kinda weird that Kacchan hadn't been shouting at him at all during the time he was sat in the stands...

Had Kacchan been missing the whole time?

He was pretty sure it wasn't a villain attack, because no alarms had gone off and he couldn't see a reason why villains would go after only Kacchan.. It was a possibility, but it seemed pretty unlikely to him.

However, he probably should still look for Kacchan, while he had the goal of returning the stolen quirk in his mind. He didn't want to end up keeping the quirk, after all.

He wandered around for a little bit, whispers of civilains following him when he got closer to the stands for people who weren't students. Kacchan wasn't anywhere in sight, though, which was a tad frustrating. With all the people here, someone like Kacchan didn't really stand out all that much unless his hands were exploding, which wasn't currently possible for him.

So, Izuku decided to do the only viable option other than walk around the entire stadium, which, was that even really viable? That option being ask one of the teachers if they had seen Kacchan. Asking one of his classmates could also work, but he figured it would probably be more reliable to ask one of the teachers, since they weren't as scared of him.

He approached the nearest teacher, who just so happened to be All Might. "Um... A-All Might-S-Sensei?"

All Might turned his head to look at him, "Ah, Young Midoriya. What is it?"

His tone was.. cold, which didn't entirely surprise Izuku, though it still sent a chill down his back. He pushed it out of his mind, and asked, "D-Do you k-k-know wh-where Kacchan is? H-He's not i-in the s-stands.."

All Might raised an eyebrow, "Young Bakugou? Why do you ask?"

Oh gods, Izuku was not ready for this. He had figured that All Might would already know what had happened, since it was on the Sport Festival, so had All Might not been paying attention? Or did he already know, and just want a confession from him?

He took a deep breath, and in one fell swoop said, "IkindasortatookhisquirkandIneedtogiveitbackbutIcan'tbecauseIdon'tknowwhereheis"

All Might stared at him a moment, before saying, "Slow down, Young Midoriya. I can't understand you when you talk that fast!"

The sentance was punctuated with a booming laugh, which almost felt teasing to Izuku.

"I-I-I uh, I t-t-t-took K-Kacchan's qu-quirk-" Izuku started, only for All Might to cut him off.

"And why should I tell you where he went? If you already took Young Bakugou's quirk, then how can I trust you won't hurt him more?" All Might questioned, and Izuku found himself wanting to curl up in a ball.

"I-I-I j-just want t-t-to g-give it b-b-back, I-I p-promise!! I-I know I sh-shouldn't h-have, I-I didn't mean t-to!! Y-You can c-come w-with me i-i-if you want, th-then y-you can s-s-see that I'm not g-gonna do anything b-b-bad!" Izuku whimpered, and All Might seemed satisfied with the answer.

"Alright, let's go see Young Bakugou." All Might stated, before he began walking away, clearly expecting for Izuku to follow.

He did, of course, it was why he had asked in the first place. When they stopped, they were well out of the stadium, a few meters away from the parking lot as well. Kacchan was sitting with his back to a tree, a venomous glare on his face. It looked like he had been trying to attack the tree, too, if the bloodied scratches on his knuckles were anything to go by.

"Young Bakugou?" All Might said, a question in his tone. Probably something to do with the scratches.

Kacchan's head snapped up, "What the hell do you want?!"

He held his hands out like he wanted to make them explode, but without his quirk it didn't look all that intimidating. Just... Weird.

"Young Midoriya came to return your quirk." All Might replied, and Kacchan looked confused. Like he'd thought that Izuku had wanted to keep the quirk for himself.

"Shitty Deku? I don't see that fucker anywhere." Kacchan stated, and Izuku realized that with how big All Might was, he was hidden from view.

He stepped into view, coming closer to Kacchan then he really wanted to, "H-hi K-K-Kacchan... I-I'm sorry, I-I d-d-didn't mean t-to take y-your quirk!"

Kacchan scoffed, "I don't need your fucking pity, Deku!!"

Izuku flinched away from him, nodding, "R-Right... I-I'll just uh... I-I'll just g-give it back, n-now..."

He placed a hand on Kacchan's shoulder, pushing the quirk back to him. He pulled away as soon as the transfer was completed. Kacchan flexed his hands, making small sparks in his palms, and Izuku bolted before Kacchan could decide to attack him.

The break period was probably almost over, anyways.