Christmas Our Way

Christmas Day - 2016 

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

I looked down at the arm slung over my chest, smiling as I moved to scoot out from under it. For being such a hardass, Logan was a cuddler just like his brother. Well, he tended to move towards the invasive cuddling that would have caused Maver to have gotten smacked, but the result was similar. Every morning I was faced with the task of trying to pry myself away.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

I’d barely managed to lift his arm from me when he woke up, quickly tightening the hold I’d been trying to escape from. One flash of that devilish smirk combined with his messy morning hair and my stomach started doing flips. “He’ll be getting here soon,” I mumbled, my cheeks already starting to grow red. I’d known before he’d even started to move that he was about to crawl on top of me.

Sure enough he did, pinning me under his firm body. “So it’s officially Christmas then?” he asked, lowering his piercing blue eyes towards mine. His long black hair dangled, touching my forehead with how close he was.

“Yes, but-“

“So where’s my present?” he asked, that smirk still in place.

Even after all this time, the moment his eyes met mine I was a goner. There was no getting out of the intensity of his gaze. It bore into me, making me feel almost breathless as I slowly registered every inch of his burning skin on mine. I couldn’t pull my eyes away, but I managed to get my hands between us, my fingers spreading out over his muscular chest. “Not now Logan,” I scolded him, shaking my head to break the eye contact.

“But it’s Christmas,” he breathed, lowering his face towards mine. I didn’t need to risk looking at him to know he was grinning like the Cheshire cat. I’d never been good at hiding it when I was blushing, and he always managed to get my cheeks to a shade that rivaled my hair.

I needed to get a hold of myself if I was going to win this round. With a small smirk of my own I finally met his eyes, biting gently on my little lip. My hands had already started their attack on their own without any coaxing from my part. I slid my hands around to his back, gently running my nails over the smooth skin. With feathery touches I let my nails dance over his skin, raising my chest up off the bed to occupy the space my hands had given up. “That’s true,” I acknowledged, watching his hesitant eyes following me. He knew as well as I did just what I was doing to him; teasing him. Once we’d stopped our stupid fighting it’d been replaced with a new form of competition. An even more dangerous kind when it came to Logan. “But…” I pressed my lips against the nape of his neck, smiling when I felt his heartbeat rising.

“But what?” he asked, tilting his head back as my fingers made their way over his skin. For a second he let his eyes closed as he enjoyed the feeling of it. My light caresses were the most dangerous weapon I had at my disposal. Being the first girl he’d ever tried to have slow, gentle sex with had turned out to be to my advantage. When it came to my soft touches he was often at a loss.

“But I don’t think ten minutes is very long, do you?”