50: Dessert

I peered over the rim of my glass as I drank, smiling even as I swallowed the bubbly root beer. Logan hadn't made much of an effort to change, all he had done was throw on a button up shirt over his wifebeater. It wasn't a dress shirt, but rather a deep blue Dickies button down. I had to admit I was surprised at how well he pulled the look off. As was everything else about him; it was so very Logan. 

"You weren't kidding when you said you were hungry," he chuckled as I snatched a fry from his plate.

I popped it into my mouth, shrugging my shoulders. "I can't help the way I feel," I informed him, "it's just the way it is."

"It's okay," he smiled with a teasing glitter in his eyes, "you're a cute pig."

Even as he heaped the rest of his own fries onto my nearly empty plate I pursed my lips, knowing he was making fun of me as always. "What's with always calling me cute?"  Couldn't he just be normal and call me a brat or something? He'd done it before. 

"What's with always being so cute?" 

I rolled my eyes, used to his taunting by now. "I'm not even doing anything."

He smiled, flashing his pearly whites. "Exactly, you're such a natural at it."

Another fry found its way into my mouth and I washed it down with more soda. Logan had decided we'd go to a diner and I was still happy with his decision, even as he leaned across the table to place a straw into my soda with a smile. 

The small building had just enough booths to be popular, yet we still felt secluded in our booth on one of the side walls. It wasn't a fancy diner in the slightest, but it was perfect the way it was. Shortly after sitting down I'd been able to relax.  Unfortunately Logan was completely relaxed as well, and wasn't holding back on his usual antics. 

Logan leaned forward, an air of trouble around him before he'd even opened his mouth. "Speaking of what's natural or not," he started, his words soft so I had to pay attention in order to hear, "do the carpets match the drapes?"

My brow raised as I gave him a look that said exactly what I was thinking; Really Logan? It was such a Logan-esque question to be asked that I didn't even blush. "You've seen me naked, you tell me," I bravely shot back. 

He faked a hurt expression setting a hand on his heart as though surprised. "Why, I didn't even think to look. How dare you accuse me of such a thing?"

"You're loss then," I smirked back, amused at his shenanigans. 

"Give me a second chance," he replied, unable to hide his smirk, "I promise not to waste this opportunity."

I leaned forward, closing the gap between us as we both angled ourselves over the tabletop. "Well now, that wouldn't be fair."

"Not fair?"

"I haven't seen you naked once, and here you are requesting a second viewing?" It was my turn to smirk as I met his eyes with my own, equally smug, one. "Someone's greedy."