4: Lighten Up

“What?” Logan repeated as his eyes darted from me to Maver and took a big swig of the bottle in his hand.

I turned and started down the hall. “She’s staying over. I’ll bring her home tomorrow.” Maver informed him and I closed the bedroom door behind me.

I stripped of my clothes and pulled on one of Maver’s long blue tshirts and a pair of deep blue plaid boxers. I lay down across his futon and closed my eyes, quickly drifting to sleep.

When I opened my eyes I was aware of breathing coming from beside me. “Maver?” I asked gently as my eyes adjusted to the dark windowless room. Beside me I could feel the bed shift and a muttering groan. I was right, it was Maver. I could tell from the groan.

I heaved a sigh as I scooted off of the bed. I didn’t need to bother worrying about waking him, I was sure he would be hung over. I carefully maneuvered out of the room and into the hall. “There’s gotta be some food in this place.” I muttered as I looked over my shoulder at the living room full of guys and headed for what I hoped was the kitchen.

I found it and pulled open the cupboards. “Thank god!” I smiled as I pulled down a box of poptarts. My eyes searched for the toaster and I finally found it on top of the refrigerator looking sad and unused. A hand grasped firmly on to my ass and I spun around to see Logan there with a smirk on his face.

“Hey there.” He said roughly shoving my back up against the fridge and lowering his mouth just a breaths away from mine. It all happened so fast that I blinked in surprise and looked back at him.

“Get away.” I muttered caught by surprise, setting my hands on his strong sturdy chest and giving a strong shove. He barely budged and pressed himself against me.

I could feel his hot breath tickle my cheek as he leaned forward. “I don’t think you really want me to.”

“Yes, yes I do.” I pushed his chest harder this time, using all of my force. Logan stumbled back a few steps not expecting my strength.  My eyes scanned his wonderful body before finally locking eyes with his. 

He smirked and moved to come towards me. “Lighten up.”