58: Not So Delicate Dance

Once more I found myself taking a seat on the dirtier-than-it-first-appears couch. The realization that I’d just broken up with Dylan wasn’t what weighed on my mind. It was the fact it had all been one monumental lie; on both of our parts.

I didn’t feel upset I was once again single. Heck, I didn’t feel any different than when I’d supposedly had a boyfriend. Sure, I’d liked Dylan. But I hadn’t known him. Caught up in his smiles and suave actions I had let myself play along. I wanted to believe that I was genuinely interested in him, just like he did of me. A little sigh escaped my lips at this fact, and I closed my eyes as I let my head rest on the back of the couch. 

The familiar sensation of Logan dropping onto the couch next to me caused me to lift my head and peer over at him. “I don’t think I’ve ever been chosen over someone else before,” he teased, a small smirk already present on his lips. 

“Has anyone ever needed to?” I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes. 

I already knew his answer before it left his mouth. “No.”

“Well then that would be why.”

Still smirking, a playful sheen to his eyes, he slipped his arm over the back of the couch. “So. . . “ he trailed off, leaning in towards me, “does this mean I get to touch your boob?” 

I couldn’t stop the surprised laugh from escaping as I shook my head. The things that came out of this man’s mouth never ceased to catch me off guard. “Not even in your wildest dreams.”

“It was worth a shot,” Logan responded, shooting a sly smile over at me. 

We shared a smile for a moment, and I cut it short by once more closing my eyes. This time I groaned as I shook my head. “This has not been a good day,” I grumbled, more to myself than to Logan. “Who am I going to have to deal with next; pinhead?” 

Logan chuckled, his arm shifting from the back of the couch to my shoulders as he pulled me against him. “Shit-” he teased, “do you want me to call him and tell him not to come?” My lids lifted as I looked over at him, shooting him a dry look. “Oh come on, it wasn’t so bad.”

“Maybe not for you,” I muttered, “I’d gladly just hit rewind and ignore Lucas’ call next time around.”

“And still be dating Dylan?”  He had me there. At least I’d managed to accomplish one thing today. It’d been weighing on my mind for far too long. “At least your brother won’t be sending anyone else to check up on you,” he added with a devilish smirk. “No more Lukey boy desperately trying to explain himself to you,” Logan teased. “Now who are you supposed to practice your right hook on?”

“There’s always you.”

“Me?” he asked, a look of playful hurt washing over his handsome face. 

The way his arm tightened around me reminded me of just where I was. Logan had pulled me up against him, his arm around my shoulder, hand resting on my bicep. I’d known he’d done it. I’d been aware of his heat seeping into my side as I had given in to it happening. I hadn’t even thought about it. The urge to pull away ran through me the moment I realized I’d allowed him to get so close. 

My mouth had other ideas, and instead I shot back, “Technically it’s your fault I was dating Dylan in the first place.”

More pleasing than the disappointed look he would have given if I’d pulled out of his arms, the dark look he shot me at this comment was satisfying beyond belief. “Getting him involved wasn’t a part of my plan.”