27: Ingredients

“Do you mind if we stop at the store?” Logan turned his eyes to mine, his black hair framing the edges.

“I’m in no hurry,” I shrugged as he pulled into the parking lot. There was no reason to tell him to take me straight home; it wouldn’t matter what I said. He’d already deviated from the path to my aunt’s by the time he took it upon himself to ask.

He turned the key, pulling it from the ignition before climbing from the car.  I sighed, pleased to be free of him. Though he’d been civil it was still awkward. I doubted we’d ever have a normal moment together. Was it really all because of the silly stunt I’d pulled the first time I met him? If I hadn’t done it then what would we be like now?

I looked up in surprise as my door was pulled open to reveal Logan. “What are you doing?” he demanded, peering down at me with an annoyed gaze.

“Sitting.”

“Well get out already.”

“Why?” I asked, looking around at the cars in the parking lot. We were nowhere near my house so I had no reason to get out, not yet.

Logan groaned and grabbed onto my bicep, his fingers digging in a little. “We’re going in the store, I already told you that,” he responded with an annoyed scoff as he pulled on my arm, trying to get me out of the car.

With a yank my arm was free from his grasp and back at my side. “I don’t need anything inside,” I replied slowly. My eyes narrowed angrily on his hand as he started to grab for me again then stopped.

“I’m not leaving you alone in my car,” he said in an annoyed tone.

“Why?” I asked yet again.

“I don’t need a reason.”

“I won’t touch anything.”

“I don’t care,” he said, frustration growing.

I pushed my red hair behind my shoulders, pursing my lips in frustration. “Look, I’m not going to-“

My words cut off as Logan ducked into the car, his face centimeters from mine. I took a shaky intake of breath as his eyes locked on mine. “It wouldn’t kill you to be cooperative every now and then,” he commented softly. My eyes darted down to his hand as he slid it across my abs slowly before grasping the seatbelt and unbuckling it for me.

In under a second my heart beat accelerated to a million miles a second. I could feel his blue eyes focusing so intently on my face as I kept my eyes glued to his hand. He guided the seatbelt off of my body slowly, his fingers tracing my body the entire way.

“Fine,” I grumbled, pushing forward so he had to back up or else he’d hit the back of his head on the roof of the car. Though I glared over at him as I alked into the store I had to admit that his sly smile was a little attractive on his face. I don’t think I’d ever seen him give a genuine happy smile before. But, that wasn’t Logan. No, Logan was just Logan. Sly smile, crude comments and all.