cotton mouth

Indigo's POV:

I walked up to the twins, no clue what I was supposed to say.

"Hi." I looked at the three gingers.

"Hey, Indigo." They all said.

"What...what happened?" I felt so anxious.

The twins looked at each other, "He just sits around all day, sad and blames it on other people." Fred looked at Hermione.

"It just isn't okay for him to act like that and then blame his actions on other people." Said George.

"We had enough and Ron couldn't take hearing the truth." Finished Fred.

Professor Mcgonagall was standing around, shocked at the scene.

All Weasley's, except Ginny and Percy got detention that week. I felt terrible, even though it wasn't directly my fault. They were defending me.

It was settled, I had to find them and apologize.

They were making their way into the boys dorms when I saw them.

"Hey!" I called out.

"What's up, little White." They smiled and made their way over to me.

"I'm really sorry about you guys getting detention because of me. I feel really bad about it and-"

"White. We are not mad at you." They confronted me.

George soothed my mind with a 5 minute speech about how Ron is acting stupid and they just can't stand it anymore.

After we ended the conversation in hugs, they invited me to come smoke with them again.

I needed a break from all of this and the only thing my mind jumped to was the substance I smoked on my birthday party the day before.

We walked down the hill to a spot almost fully surrounded by trees.

They had some chairs set out so we took our seats and I watched as they examined their weed and made sure it was good to smoke. I didn't ask how they got it, but I trusted them.

They had all of these tools they used and explained what each thing did, though I wouldn't remember. They assumed I hadn't see any of it before, which I hadn't.

Instead of smoking a blunt like we had at the party, the brought out a bowl. This object almost looked like a pipe, but had a little pocket to put the grinded leaves in. They placed their wand against it, and it lit. Then, they put the bowl up to their mouths and took a breath in. Fred let out a light cough, George took a sip of water and then it was my turn.

They held the bowl for me and I took in the magical substance.

I pulled away and began another coughing fit, almost identical to the one last night.

After a few minutes I felt my eyes begin to droop down and my vision got almost fuzzy. I tried to swallow and it felt like I had something already in my mouth.

I expressed my concern to the twins and Fred let out a snort.

"White, that's called cotton mouth." They laughed.

I giggled too, I'm not really sure why.

"What?" My voice was higher than usual.

"Cotton mouth," started Fred.

"It's normal, you'll get used to it." Finished George.

I took a sip of the water they offered me and felt a little better.