more than friends

Indigo's POV:

I made my way to the courtyard of the castle.

It felt like deja vu from halloween, but this time it was at least 10 degrees colder.

I shivered as I walked along the cobblestone path. I saw a light in the distance and moved closer to it.

Once I had reached it, I saw a candle sitting on top of a note written in very bad handwriting.

It read, "Indigo, if you see this, meet me at the astronomy tower for a surprise"

My first thought was Ron, but when I left, I swore Ron was still at the party. Then, I remembered Oliver was on the same quidditch team and Fred and George, so maybe it was him.

I walked back into the castle and found my way to the hallway that lead to the staircase of the astronomy tower.

I turned and saw flower petals leading up the stairs. My stomach filled with those butterflies I love so much and I headed up to the main floor of the tower. (not the top one)

The walk felt like forever, but I eventually made my way into the large room.

The lights were dimmed and moonlight shined in through the clear glass windows all around me.

I turned in a circle, looking up at the beauty of the room.

I had never been up here at night. The stars were so visible, and the whole room looked so delicate and glass-like.

Walking forward, I felt my foot hit something. Another piece of paper. Behind it was a plate and a bagel with cream cheese.

It became clear to me that my original assumption of Oliver was false, it was Ron.

"Ron!" I called out laughing a little and turning in a circle looking for where he was, "What is all of this?" I heard my voice echo through the room

I heard footsteps and saw he had been standing by the door the entire time.

"Indigo." He walked closer to me.

"Ron, what is all of..." Before I could finish my sentence, he approached me. Not stopping and hovering his face over mine, "this." I let out, so quietly only he would hear.

My heart was now beating out of my chest.

"I'm sorry." He said looking into my eyes, "I'm sorry for saying we couldn't be together and it would be better if we were just friends." He glanced down at my lips, "I can't do this."

He looked back up at my eyes, "Do what?" I breathed out.

"I can't pretend like I don't have feelings for you. I can't pretend we are just friends. I can't pretend to like Grace. I can't pretend that when I'm kissing her, I'm not imagining you. I can't walk through the halls seeing you with Oliver, laughing and kissing, when I know damn well you have just as many feelings for me as I do for you." He placed his hand on my hip, closing the gap between us.

"And Indigo, I can't pretend like I don't want to do this." And with that he connected his lips to mine.

I felt numb, like I was in a dream. I was so shocked, my brain couldn't process what just happened. My face got red as he kissed me.

I moved my lips against his, finding his top lip and placing it in between my own.

My arms traveled to his head and wrapped around his neck. My fingers twirled through his red hair and traced circles all around his locks.

His hands moved lower as my heart pounded. I felt weak from his touch.

I felt his hands move from over my shirt, to my bare lower back. They traveled around my waistband, not daring to go any lower.

Our soft-breathy kiss, turned into a more aggressive fight for dominance. I gave in and let him take control. We continued until we couldn't breathe.

We pulled away, making me giggle to myself.

It's as if all my problems had melted away.

We looked at each other for a while before speaking, not really knowing what to say.

"So.." I said, breaking the silence, "What do you mean by all of this?" I asked.

He let out a light airy laugh, "I want to be with you. Though, not dating...yet. That's for later." His hand moved from my hip to my face, lightly caressing my skin.

"What about Grace?" Then I thought about Oliver, "Wait what about Oliver?" Stress fell over me and I turned my head away from his hand.

"I told Grace a few days ago I wasn't interested. And as for Oliver, take as much time as you need." He pulled me in for a tight hug. The one that makes you feel so small, as if nothing could ever hurt you.

Oliver instantly left my brain and Ron filled every inch.

I realized I still had a bagel, so I reached down and grabbed it, "Wanna share?" I asked giggling.

Ron laughed as well, "What are you thinking?" He looked as if he was trying to read my mind.

"I want this. You and me, but I just really need to talk to Oliver first." I sent him a soft smile.

We walked back down the stairs, his hand in my left and the bagel in my right.

"Don't you need to clean this up?" I questioned, signaling to the hundreds of rose petals on the stairs.

"Oh, right. Scourgify!" He said as he pointed his wand at a broom, which made it begin to clean up the mess in front of us.

I forget we can do that sometimes.

We walked to the Gryffindor dorms, talking as if we had been together forever.

I was honestly happy he hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. If he did, that would absolutely crush Oliver.

I explained to Ron I would tell Oliver after his quidditch match tomorrow.

Ron nodded and placed a soft kiss on my lips, before saying goodnight and entering to dark hallway leading to his dorm.

I made my way to mine and saw Hermione had passed out on her bed.

My body was so tired, but my brain wouldn't go to bed. It just kept replaying the moments over and over until eventually, it got tired enough and had fallen asleep as well.

A/N: I told you, you weren't ready. Well, you probably were lol