truth or dare

Indigo's POV:

The next two weeks of school went by quickly. 

I was starting to understand potions more, which meant Snape couldn't hate me as much. He still found ways to take away points, but less were from me. 

I was also very much enjoying defense against the dark arts.

Lupin was absent sometimes, but when he came back it was always a great time. 

He's an intelligent wizard who lets us work on spells and helps us understand what dark magic is and how to counter it. 

My time with Hermione and the twins had dwindled, so I started hanging out with Neville. He's actually very kind. 

He clearly has a passion towards herbology and helps me out whenever I need it. 

I do spend most of my days alone though, I enjoy the silence more now. I watch my peers more closely and I am more aware of when emotions change. 

When Lavender Brown came running down into the common room, a week before the quidditch game, I could assume why; she hadn't even noticed my presence, but I could tell by her facial expressions, she had just been broken up with. 

I assumed Weasley would come down any minute now, which meant I needed to leave. 

I went up to my dorm and continued my reading of Wuthering Heights. Hermione told me it was a good book, so I decided to give it a shot. 

I still wondered why Mcgonagall gifted me this book and not another book that would've been more applicable to our curriculum; regardless, I decided to read it and it turned out to be very interesting. 

The main characters were almost star crossed lovers, who couldn't be together because of their ranks in society. The girl Catherine, married a richer man, so she could help Heathcliff, the man she really was in love with. I didn't understand what in this book made her think of me, but I appreciate her kindness.  

Later that day, it did become known that Lavender and Weasley had finally come to an end. Thankfully, now not the whole school had to watch them snog each other, day in and day out. 

Weasley still hadn't spoken to Hermione, nor had he spoken to me. 

I felt bad, Hermione, Harry and Weasley were all best friends and they were being split up over a stupid break up that happened almost 2 or 3 months ago. 

I told Hermione that if she wanted to be friends with Weasley still, I wouldn't care, but she refused. 

As the months have passed I have gotten to be more okay with the whole break up. I mean, I still wished things could've ended differently between us, but maybe someday we can renew our friendship. 

The day finally came for the big quidditch match. It was the last day of February. New month meant a new me. 

We didn't have classes today, which was nice because we could wake up later and just enjoy the quidditch match. 

It started at 3:00pm, so we made sure to get down to the stands by 2:30 to get good seats. 

Hermione told us she would meet us there, she just had to get some things ready for the party tonight. We walked down all the way to the quidditch fields and then walked all the way up the stairs. Once we got there, we chatted among ourselves about the party and waited patiently for the game to start.

"AND IT'S UP!" Screamed the girls as the match started. 

No matter who won, it would definitely be a good game.