Chapter 18

It's the day of the finals and ash has never been more pumped up and ready. He could barely get sleep last night. "I'm gonna win this!" Ash said. "Well someone seems confident." Misty said. "You bet I am I'm ready." Misty just shook her head and laughed "so where you gonna be heading after this?" She asked. "Hmm... not sure yet first wanna focus on my battle before worrying about another region." Then clement walked in and said "makes sense one journey at a time. I just came to wish you good luck Ash." Thanks clement.

  *timeskip to the battle*
Welcome to the finals on your right we have Ash Ketchum from pallet town and on your left we have logan from veridian city. Okay trainers choose your first Pokémon! We here the referee say. "Alright then jolteon come on out!" Logan says. "Jolteon ehh? Okay then krookadile I choose you!" Logan saw that his krookadile was wearing sunglasses which was not usually something Pokémon do. "Hey why is your krookadile wearing sunglasses?" Ash just smiled and said "cause that's just his style. Now use crunch!" Logan quickly said "jolteon dodge quick.". With that jolteon was able to dodge just in time. Now use tackle!" Jolteon used tackle and hit krookadile. " you good krookadile?" Ash asked. Krookadile shakes his head. "Okay then use dig." With that he dug under the ground where jolteon couldn't see him. "Keep your guard up Jolteon!" Logan told his Pokémon." Jolteon nodded say "jolt" but a second later krookadile is popping out right from under Jolteon knocking her down. Taking a lot of damage. "No jolteon! Are you okay?" Jolteon stood up indicating she can still fight. "Okay then use thunder bolt!" She uses thunderbolt but little to no damage was done to krookadile that's when Logan realizes that krookadile is also part ground type so electric type moves won't work. How could he forget that. The only move he really could use it tackle but even that is a gamble. Best bet is to switch her out for now. "Jolteon return. Okay scizor Come out!"

Logan thought which move to use to put the most damage on krookadile. "Alright use furry cutter!". "Krookadile dodge it!" But krookadile didn't dodge it in time and took a critical hit from scizor. "You okay krookadile?" Krookadile weakily stood up indicating he's still okay to go. "I'm surprised he can still battle. Your Pokémon must have a lot of spirit." Logan said. "They sure do.". Ash said. "Now krookadile use crunch!". "You use furry cutter again!" Both Pokémon used there moves but unfortunately who came on top was scizor. "Krookadile you did great get some rest." Smile at his poke ball proudly. "Now infernape let's go!". "Use flamethrower!" Just then a powerful flamethrower hits scizor knocking him out. "I was planning to save you for last but..." Logan thought to himself "Gardevoir come on out!"

Ash recognized that Pokémon "so I see you've been to the hoenn region too.". Logan chuckles and said "yeah I have but I see you've been to regions I haven't yet. Kind of excites me a little. Now Gardevoir use confusion!" Gardevoir used confusion causing infernape to get confused. "Infernape snap out of it and use flame thrower." Infernape used flamer and barely landed a blow do to confusion causing Gardevoir to take very little damage. "We need to something about that confusion." Ash then said "Infernape! Try to use fire punch but on yourself!". Logan was confused "Are you crazy!? Why would you ask your Pokémon to move on there self!". Infernape did what he said and it got rid of the confusion. "It actually worked!". Logan said surprised. "Doesn't matter my Gardevoir will still win. Now Gardevoir use shadow ball!". "Dodge and use Mach punch." Ash yelled. Infernape dodged and landed a hit causes some damage. "Gardevoir shadow ball again!". Logan yelled. Gardevoir did as he said and landed a hit causing damage as well. "Infernape you good?". Ash said worriedly. Infernape got up and said "Infernape" determined. "Alright use flame thrower!". Ash said. "Dodge it!" But Gardevoir didn't dodge in time and got hit taking some damage. "Gardevoir are you alright?" Logan asks. Gardevoir shakes her head and said "Garde". Logan smiled and said "okay then use confusion then psychic!". Gardevoir did as he said and just as before infernape became confused but this time he ended up getting lifted up in his confusion and thrown to ground getting knocked out. "Return infernape. You did great." Ash said proudly. "Alright gengar I choose you!" Ash said.