Chapter 10

Ash had to admit when Misty sent out her gyarados it was a lot stronger than last time. This was going to be a challenge. No one likes challengers more than Ash. "Isn't she a beauty?" Misty said. "Yes she is can tell you've taken care of your gyarodos well. Now I believe we got a battle for me to win!" Ash said. Misty put her hand on her waist and said "who says your gonna win?" Ash got irritated and said "I say and I am" misty was about to get something else before Brock, Clement, and Bonnie yelled all together "just start the battle already!!" Ash and misty both said "right" Clement said to Brock "Man you weren't kidding when you said they fought a lot" Brock shook his head furiously. "Now Ash lets get started with this this battle."

           "The battle may begin!" Daisy yelled. "Pikachu use thunder bolt now!" Ash said. Pikachu used thunder bolt only for it to take very little damage. "What?" "Pika?" Both ash and Pikachu said. Misty just smirked and said "I told you I've trained my gyrados to get stronger. So your electric attacks will have to be more powerful than that. Okay now gyrados use hydro pump now!" Misty yelled. Gyrados used hydro pump on pikachu and it knocked him to the ground. "Pikachu! Are you okay buddy?" Ash yelled. Pikacha got up in his fighting formation and said "pika!" Misty then attacked back "gyrados use flame thrower!" "Dodge and counter attack with thunderbolt." Pikachu did exactly that and managed to hit gyarados again this one a little more effective than the other. Ash knew it was time now "Pikachu return Sceptile I choose you!"

            Misty looked amused "so where back to Sceptile huh? This should be easy." Misty said. Ash just got annoyed and said "don't underestimate my Sceptile he is stronger than you think!" Let's start this off simple "gyarados use flame thrower!" "Dodge and use bullet seed!" Ash yelled. Sceptile did exactly that and it hit gyarados leaving an impact. "Yeah!" Ash yelled. "Not so fast..." Ash stopped. "Gyrados now use hyperbeam!" Before Ash could even react gyrados used hyperbeam on Sceptile leaving a lot of damage. "Sceptile! Sceptile! Are you alright Sceptile?" Ash kept screaming. Sceptile was struggling to get up using all he had left in him "come on you can do it Sceptile." Ash said. Sceptile managed to get up "alright can you still battle?" Sceptile shook his head. "Alright then use leaf blade!" "Gyrados dodge it by going in the water! Then use hydro pump Misty said. Gyrados was able to dodge leaf blade in the nick of time. "Fine then Sceptile be aware of your surroundings and when he pops up use razor leaf." Ash yelled. Sceptile tried concentrating and then gyarados cane up and used hydro pump and Sceptile use razor leaf both attacks collided together leaving Sceptile the one to be unconscious. "Sceptile is unable to battle. Please choose your next Pokémon." Daisy said. "Thank you Sceptile you of exactly what I needed now take a long well deserved rest." Ash then asked "Pikachu you ready?" Pika! "Alright then let's do this pikachu I choose you!"

          "Pikachu use electroball!" Ash said. "Gyarados dive under the water gain and then use head butt!" Gyarados did exactly that with the electro ball flying right past and hitting a rock. "Pikachu be clear of your surroundings." Ash says pikachu starts to try to feel the awareness of where gyarados was but it wasn't that easy due to the water mixture. Just then gyarados jumps out of the water and attacks pikachu nocking him to the ground. Pikachu then gets up standing up in a defense position indicating that it ain't over yet. "Okay pikachu now use thunder bolt!" Ash said. "Use flamethrower!" Misty says. Both attacks collide with each other leaving a cloud of smoke. Neither Pokémon down nor effected. "Gyarados use hydro pump!" Misty said. The water hitting pikachu back. "Pikachu!" Ash yelled. Misty said disappointed "come on ash after all you two been through I thought pikachu would have lasted longer than this." Ash then looked at her not liking her talking about pikachu like that "Pikachu can still go on right buddy?" "Pika!" Pikachu replied. "Okay then me and pikachu haven't given it all we've got yet. Now pikachu use thunder bolt one more time full power!" Pikachu used thunder bolt this time hitting gyarados landing a hit that looked like it took some damage from. "Gyarados! You alright?" Misty yelled worried. Gyrados stood its ground indicating it was "okay then use crunch on pikachu now." Misty said. "Dodge it now!" Ash said. Pikachu did as told and Gyarados missed. "Keep using crunch Gyarados." Misty said. "Keeping dodging them pikachu!" Ash said. Gyarados kept using crunch and missing while pikachu kept dodging them. "Okay now pikachu use thunderbolt them iron tale!" Ash yelled. Pikachu then shocked gyarados with thunder then Pikachu used iron take on gyarados making him fall to the ground unconscious. "Gyarados is unable to battle Ash Ketchum wins!" Bonnie said. "Yeah! We did it pikachu. We Won!" Ash said hugging pikachu. "Well look who finally earned there second badge." Misty said handing Ash the cascade badge. "You've earned this." Ash looked at her and he honestly got to say he never realized how pretty her eyes where up close. Snapping himself out of the daze not knowing what that was about Ash just smiled and said "thanks misty.... yeah I've got an cascade badge!" Ash yelled happily. Misty shook her head "still the same old Ash I see" laughing. Ash looked up "I may be the same old Ash but I've definitely gotten better since the last time we've been together." Ash said in a sassy tone. "Well someone's getting a little to confident." Clement said. "Nah he's always had that confidence its when he's too confidence that things go down hill." Brock said.

           "That was an awesome battle you both did great awesome win!" Both Ash and Misty hear they look over to see Daisy, Violet, and Lily walking over to them. "Thanks!" Both Misty and Ash said together. "Misty you battled really great out there. You didn't give ash a easy battle." Daisy said. "Yeah she did. Can definitely see why she's the gym leader." Ash said. "Ash you did great too. You've definitely improved from the last time we seen you and I wish you the best of luck with your journey. Lily said. "Thank you..." Ash said. "Misty watching you and Ash battle has inspired us to get back in battling again. So your request to go with ash to finish what he started is accepted. We'll watch over the gym and do it right this time." Violet said. Misty couldn't believe what she was hearing they where going to watch over the gym and do it right?! "Really? You mean it?" Misty said. "Yes we do. You did the same for us so it's only fair we do the same for you." Lily said. "Thank you for doing this guys." She hugged each one thanking them but before she let go of Daisy she heard Daisy say in her ear "by the time you get back that kid better be more than just your best friend." Misty rolled her eyes and walked away.