Chapter 43

Fikayo watched as the three girls left the auditorium laughing and talking happily. She felt her heartache and her throat burn. Blinking back the tears that formed, she sat down on a chair just beside her.

She couldn't take her eyes from the direction in which Jemima stood. With all grace, poise and beauty.

How can someone be that perfect? She thought within herself.

Jemima had been who she could only wish she was. She had admired her since Junior school one. But couldn't be friends with her, she just couldn't be friends with someone as perfect as Jemima. Gradually that admiration turned to Jealousy and then envy. And then... Hate

She just hated that Jemima had everything, she could only dream of.

A beautiful smile and face that had boys from as long as their junior secondary school days crushing on her. A brain that got her all the prices that were there to receive. Charm and attitude that made all teachers fall in love with her.

Isn't she the girl born to an amazing family?. She daydreamed about being her. Having Jemima's father, mother, sister and brothers. Jemima's small but sweet circle of friends.

And if that wasn't enough. She was sure God loved Jemima more than her.

Because her life was the exact opposite.

Her smile was regarded as evilly and although she was sure she was pretty. She didn't attract guys of value like Jemima. Average in class, she couldn't boast of an award or title except for being class rep which was now a thing of the past... Because...

Her family couldn't even pretend to be half as amazing as Jemima's.

Her father with his numerous concubines. Her parents had been separated for as long as she could remember. Her mother who was just a civil servant couldn't help but get into trouble, one way or the other. Well, she takes after her, the true daughter of her mother.
The people she called her friends were mere minions, she was trying all her best to become as loved and accepted as Jemima. But as we know, it wasn't going right.

If she was, to tell the truth. She was in this particular school, whose fees were killing her mum, just because she heard Jemima was coming her.

Did she even have a life of her own?

••••••••

"Who are you!" Derin said after she found a stranger in her room.

"Aderinsola", the voice said to her.

Her form was angelic, her face beautiful and bright. The feeling of fear that had formed in Derins heart a while ago became one of admiration. But who was she?

" You know my name?" Derin asked with a smile.

A smile spread out on the lady's face and gradually changed to a sad demeanour. Derin was shocked, had she done something to upset her?

"What is wrong?" Derin asked.

The lady's face became teary as the atmosphere changed. Derin fell on her knees and dropped her head as she became sad herself. Reason why? She didn't know, but she was sure she had done something terrible.

"Why have you neglected your assignment? Why have you focused on the devil and his devices above you and God?" She said.

Derin looked up but who she saw wasn't the angelic lady anymore. The face of this one was so bright she had to retreat.

Even if she was far from God all this while. She was very sure of who this one is.

"How father!" She asked in tears.